Nice to meet you :)

lunarfox

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Kayla, or lunarfox (thought it sounded cool), whichever you prefer.
I've always had an interest in traveling and it never seemed like a reality to me until more & more people I knew started taking to the road.
When I was younger I always went on road trips with my grandfather and it was always my most favorite thing. After I moved out with my now husband, I started planning road trips of our own and there was something about just leaving and only having one small goal in mind, our destination, that made me feel so mindful. I'd always think to myself that if I could, I would choose to do this forever.
We'd always return home though, and continue our lives after a few days or so, but there was something always off about it. I mean we'd sing and laugh the whole way to our destination and we'd go into full on explore mode. But always, each time before we were about 50 miles from home, we'd get all quiet. I'd just think quietly about our trip and how I was so sad it had to end.
We've always been the type of friends to persuade our other friends to go on a trip in the middle of the day to wherever the fuck just for the sake of doing it.
One night we were in the town we lived in at the moment, getting coffee with a couple of our friends, and we said "Hey Roswell is only a 3 hour drive, let's go", and just like that we went just to go.
I've always envied people that just lived their whole lives travelling from city to city.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sort of rambling, I need to get back on the main purpose of the thread which was to introduce myself.
I joined StP, because it was recommended to a good friend, and also a member of the site. He's traveled before and had many adventures. When he first started his journey, I kept up with him on social media, always wondering what he was up to, he'd be in different cities all the time, and I thought it was so fascinating. Just recently I finally fully disclosed to him, that I had an interest in traveling but still had so many questions, and let him know I had a lot to learn. He let me know it was normal to have questions and that whenever we were ready to travel, he'd swing by and show us the ways of the road.
The thought of starting it, and the fact that it's a reality, excites me.
We plan to start our trip in August. But in the mean time, I joined StP, so that I can view all the resources and learn things along the way.
I hope you introduce yourself as well in the thread, I love meeting new people and hearing about them.
You don't have to write a novel like I did. :)

Reactions: wizehop and Odin

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well welcome to STP and I do like the novel :) and as you referenced - we do have a wealth of resources here - as well as traveling people who can chime in with help as well. Glad you joined :)

Reactions: lunarfox

lunarfox

Reaction score
Well welcome to STP and I do like the novel :) and as you referenced - we do have a wealth of resources here - as well as traveling people who can chime in with help as well. Glad you joined :)

Thank you for the welcome! :) I'm still learning to navigate the site. I've never really used forums before.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to STP lunarfox.
Can't write a novel on this crappy phone but I'm on a wayward path of irresponsibility. Yes good way of putting it.

I believe you will find stp a fountain of information n entertainment... So hang around a while.
&
Keep an eye on the moon I do.

D

deleted user

YOU CAN CELEBRATE IN HOUSTON! Or just whenever though, any time after that, it doesn't have to be exact. We have lots of planning time.

YES. I will probably be coming from AZ at the time, too, so it won't be as long of a trek. Speaking of, I actually have to cancel some plans on another traveler; I forgot that I have to go to Ohio beforehand and there was a guy I planned on going west with. Ooooooops. Maybe I could skip out on my friend in OH? Who knows/cares? Haha.

Either way, I'll be there in August, ready to get rollin'. :D

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Welcome to StP. I hope as you do more traveling, that you share "novels" of the adventures. :p this is my first forum I joined too, and it has been eye opening and fun, to give, to receive and just to experience another side of life.
Be safe out there and smile at least once a day

lunarfox

Reaction score
Welcome to StP. I hope as you do more traveling, that you share "novels" of the adventures. :p this is my first forum I joined too, and it has been eye opening and fun, to give, to receive and just to experience another side of life.
Be safe out there and smile at least once a day

Thanks for the welcome! I'm starting to learn to navigate more. I was just sorta lost earlier and I saw a bubble to introduce myself here. I sure will post travel pictures & stuff when I start. It's cool to have a place to share them where people care.
I'll try to smile at least once a day. :) You do the same.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads