Video - News footage of East Jesus. | Squat the Planet

Video News footage of East Jesus.

Dmac

Reaction score
I found this news footage about East Jesus dated from April 15, 2015.
sorry posted the wrong video at first. meant to post this one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I edited the title to make it more accurate, since this is neither news footage nor does east jesus make an appearance in it... but, it is a good video though, so thanks for sharing :)

Dmac

Reaction score
yea, i posted the wrong thing this is what i intended to post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Yes it is good vid :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
no worries, you just forgot the http:// at the beginning. i fixed it.

good video, but just to let folks know, neither i or anyone i lived with there is associated with EJ anymore. we've all gotten pretty tired of frank's egomania and bullying of everyone there. also, they've pretty much segregated themselves from the slabs and don't like slabbers, which is pretty ridiculous, but whatever. i'd rather hang out with the slabbers any day.

there's a few good people over there but overall it's really not worth visiting unless you've been vetted into their 'cool club'.

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
I definitely got a hipster vibe from the people living there last January. It's not all bad, the place itself is pretty neat if only some of the folks living there would get over themselves. There was a pretty interesting camp called "west satan" posted up in their parking area in a sort of protest while i was around. this made for comical interactions between everyone.

Reactions: Odin and Dmac

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Added the video tag to the thread.
Interesting vid...

I don't like bullies either. Though I have to admit the art projects look kick ass.

there's a few good people over there but overall it's really not worth visiting unless you've been vetted into their 'cool club'.

"vetted" is that some sort of artistic/political/style "ideal", like @tobepxt said, you gotta be a hipster, whatever that means?
I'm sorry I've never understood the cliquish behavior when people gather and put up walls.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
most of the folks that come out from LA to EJ are pretty much hipsters, yeah. 'vetted' means someone else vouched for you.

i had a really great time while i was there, and made some good friends, but they all left EJ for the same reason i refuse to go back, frank... he's a super totalitarian a-hole. he even loves to describe himself as a bully.

the problem is that he's big and loud with a forceful personality, so most people just roll over and let him have his way. personally, i can't stand that kind of bullshit so me and him butt heads a lot, resulting in a lot of arguments cause i wouldn't roll over and take his shit.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads