Newly Homeless only got a hundred bucks to my name | Squat the Planet

Newly Homeless only got a hundred bucks to my name

drawingdrew

Reaction score
I was promised a rent free place by my parents if I came to California, after spending thousands of dollars moving me, my girlfriend and my dog here. My parents then decided to start bringing up past arguments that led to me refusing to bend over backwards for them and as a result we got kicked out. This isnt meant to be a sob story and I dont want your pity, I just want to know how I can get me, my girl and my dog out of LA ASAP at little to no cost. This place is hellish.

Preferably I'd like to move somewhere cold like Denver, Portland or Seattle.

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Since you're already in Cali, if you have a way to support yourself, and have a tent at least, I'd say head to Slab City. It's hot, dry and hellish as well (really hot) but...it's free. No rent, no electricity, no running water...but...again...free.

You just have to be able to keep yourself up, as the Slabs are in the middle of nowhere and if you needed work, you'd have to go to Niland.

Good luck!

Gin

Reaction score
I was promised a rent free place by my parents if I came to California, after spending thousands of dollars moving me, my girlfriend and my dog here. My parents then decided to start bringing up past arguments that led to me refusing to bend over backwards for them and as a result we got kicked out. This isnt meant to be a sob story and I dont want your pity, I just want to know how I can get me, my girl and my dog out of LA ASAP at little to no cost. This place is hellish.

Preferably I'd like to move somewhere cold like Denver, Portland or Seattle.

Calif has lots of resources & bus tickets to anywhere you have a friend that will say you can stay w/em. Even if you can't. Northern Calif is cooler & rivers for water

Reactions: JackSquat

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads