Newbie | Squat the Planet

Riliya

Reaction score
Hey all, im a closeted transgender female (Closeted because my family isnt accepting at all). Im currently 17 but i plan on starting my travels as soon as possible. My first stop is going to be Cambridge mass, I plan on staying there for a while. Looking to go to Portland Oregon in the end, maybe join a shitty punk band and book 5$ shows. My mode of travel will most likely be a motorized scooter or a converted bus.
I would love to stay at queer and punk squats, thats what im really looking forward to!!

D

Deleted member 125

either a scooter or a bus eh...thats a hell of a big gap between what you could do with either. do you have any experience converting a bus/taking care of one? its a hell of alot of work in the begining. i think theres a thread about converting a bus on here somewhere if you wanted to check it out.

Riliya

Reaction score
either a scooter or a bus eh...thats a hell of a big gap between what you could do with either. do you have any experience converting a bus/taking care of one? its a hell of alot of work in the begining. i think theres a thread about converting a bus on here somewhere if you wanted to check it out.
I dont, im pretty handy though, I can definitely take out the seats and put in a little living area, my current neighbors have a converted bus, im going to try to contact them and ask if they can help me learn or if I can buy the one they have, I currently work so I have some money saves up for purchases like that!

Riliya

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Riliya, hope you find yourself catching what you need from STP.

Welcome to STP and hope your familyis more accepting once you've gone. It's funny how such things work out.

Thanks!! Ive found lots of great info already!!

Reactions: Vulture

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Welcome to StP! I hope you find all the info you need to make your trip a worthwhile one. Before I first set out my family wasn't very accepting of who I am either but as the years went on and I traveled around more they eventually came around. I don't know your situation but my best advice is to go out into the world and be who you are! Even if they never change their minds you are bound to find a new family that will accept you just as you are. If you have any questions just lemme know!

Riliya

Reaction score
Welcome to StP! I hope you find all the info you need to make your trip a worthwhile one. Before I first set out my family wasn't very accepting of who I am either but as the years went on and I traveled around more they eventually came around. I don't know your situation but my best advice is to go out into the world and be who you are! Even if they never change their minds you are bound to find a new family that will accept you just as you are. If you have any questions just lemme know!

Thank you!! I hope to find lots of queer/lgbtq+ friends in my travels, even if they dont stick around for to long. Some of my best friends might be joining me on my adventures!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads