Newbie here, doing my research before I start traveling

Current Location
SoCal
Hey guys. I'm 21, currently in the military. I get out in October of next year, and I really want to join the vagabond community when I'm able to. Mostly because I need to get away from all of the structure and garbage that would normally keep me held down.
Anyways, I'm here to start getting prepared for the whole leaving thing. The military always taught me to research as much as possible and have a plan for everything.
So, here I am. I hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Reactions: Kal and Maxxwest
OP
OP
HoneyBadger1776
Current Location
SoCal
@matt, Vice News posted an article about hobos and their lifestyle, and they mentioned r/vagabond. And they directed me here.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

Latest Status Updates

Bey
It's a very unique, modern feeling, yes?: To miss someone you've never met...
A Simple Step Van wrote on wISDOMiZdUm's profile.
Been over a month. Whaddayadoin? Construction? ~ peace and hope this finds you well
See you later, San Diego. It’s back to the Rockies with me.
If anyone happens to be out that way over the next three weeks, hit me up! I’ll be milling around, playing shows, and getting into trouble <3
Maybe it's time to head towards Kingman... Alright think it's getting hot here in the southern desert.
Be a good person, be a good friend. Guys...if Jack helps you off a horse, then you help Jack off a horse!
Various portions of StP might be offline today as I perform a major upgrade to the website software!
Bey
Let us momentarily pause...for the Equinox!
Ride bikes: drink brews: love the life you have: could be worse always!
53 year old professional guy taking early semi retirement. Not drinker / smoker - normal, sane guy looking to explore and travel in unconventional way. Looking to travel across country and tag along with a trucker. Willing to contribute / pay for transportation. Have never done this, but looking to give it a shot. Based in the Connecticut / Metro NYC area and would like to travel west toward Wyoming, Idaho, Montana.
Yesterday Joshua Tree, tomorrow Sequoia. Right now? BFE.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
CreepyCrawlwithSobaire