New Zealand

N

NickCofphee

I'm out bitches! Be back in the US in 90 days. Flying out of LAX Monday night.

Bringing just my backpack with a few basics and no money whatsoever. Wish me luck, especially on lying my way through customs.

N

NickCofphee

From what I hear they don't require proof of funds. They just ask you to declare how much you have.

Proof of funds only required for VISAs. I'm going to say $1600 and that it's in my checking account. Wanted to wait till I got here to deduct cash. And I'll be dressed real nice, my finest attire.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
nice! good luck, and come back with some stories/pictures for us!

N

NickCofphee

Made it through customs with no problem. Didn't even ask how much money I had! Hard part's over. Now what to do for 3 months. Hmmmmmm........

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
hail satan, ride freight trains and smoke crack!

nice work mate, keep in touch!

D

dirty_feet

hail satan, ride freight trains and smoke crack!

HAahHAha!!!

Awesome dude - good for you! Peace, love and poop outside! Here's a website I hope helps you out!

http://www.frenz.co.nz/

FRENZ stands for Farm Relief Employment in New Zealand. If it's something that tickles your trigger you should check it out - you can look up farm work and stays all over the region. I have a friend that is working on a lavender farm there and as a result is most likely not coming back to the US for quite sometime. Good work, good pay, good smells, and good people.

elokupa

Reaction score
HAahHAha!!!

Awesome dude - good for you! Peace, love and poop outside! Here's a website I hope helps you out!

http://www.frenz.co.nz/

FRENZ stands for Farm Relief Employment in New Zealand. If it's something that tickles your trigger you should check it out - you can look up farm work and stays all over the region. I have a friend that is working on a lavender farm there and as a result is most likely not coming back to the US for quite sometime. Good work, good pay, good smells, and good people.

was just about to suggest that. its especially catered for backpackers with little money

you should defo visit the very northern tip, ive heard its like 90 miles long and a mile wide of pure white untouched beach

N

NickCofphee

Thanks, but I checked the site and it's just for dairy farming. (I'm vegan) I'm looking for fruit picking. No any sites off hand?

N

NickCofphee

My camera was stolen before I left. My best friend was supposed to send me a new one for a Christmas gift, never did.

I had money to buy one, but was waiting on my friend. Now I'm broke and with no pictures. I suck.

245T

Reaction score
Mt Taranaki, my home. if your still round there most weekends in the summer the taranaki mountain club has walks up to the summit for small donation if you are interested in climbing the bastard. im going up end of febuary. go to whangamomana. its an independant republic. i think the last president was a goat.

atherington

Reaction score
Nickcophee, did you arrange a place to stay before you got to New Zealand or just get to the airport and wing it?! I want to head that way before next winter.

stove

Reaction score
Yeah, so now that you're back and whatnot (I think..my math is a little rusty), any suggestions? I'm headed down that way likely next winter, debating NZ or Thailand. How's the beer over there?

N

NickCofphee

Nickcophee, did you arrange a place to stay before you got to New Zealand or just get to the airport and wing it?! I want to head that way before next winter.

Wiiiiiiiinged it and don't have a single regret. Had just enough $ for a bus ride into downtown. But I'd suggest hitchhiking there. And..everywhere.

Where's the fuckin' pictures?!?

Quit being an impatient little bitch. As soon as this girl sends me them! (just playin which ya VG)

Yeah, so now that you're back and whatnot (I think..my math is a little rusty), any suggestions? I'm headed down that way likely next winter, debating NZ or Thailand. How's the beer over there?
Damn fucking tasty! There's very little cheap beer, all the beer is good. Expensive though, usually $18/15 pack. The only complaint I have whatsoever with NZ is that most everything's pricey. But other than that it's amazing. I met a lot of people over there that had been to Thailand and I heard nothing but good things about it. In fact, other than India, Thailand was everyone's favorite, as far as backpacking goes. If you really want to go, I'd do it. I'm thinking about returning there next winter and hitting up Australia or Thailand, too.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads