New to this. | Squat the Planet

New to this.

cailao

Reaction score
Hey, I’m Cai I’m 22.. I’m living in Central Arkansas right now.
I’ve always had it in my heart to travel, to live day by day and experience new things. Live in the woods or camp somewhere random for the night and actually do what I’ve always wanted to do but haven’t done just dreamed about & long for. When I was 18 I felt the desire to hit the road and found this website with some support years ago. Since moving from California to Arkansas this year, I see so many trains stopped randomly and think to myself “you can just go” but in reality, I know nothing about this life, only in my head and what I’ve read but not any real experience.. I’m as green as they come.
I’d love to learn more about train hopping, hitchhiking, and all that goes into packing a bag and exploring the unknown. I’d love some more resources and help getting started, I wish I was brave enough to ask for help & post here back when I was 18…I could have seen & learned so much by now. Better late than never right?
I want to start learning now & pack a bag when I’m ready.
I was hopeful there may be a genuine helping hand out there or a potential mentor.
Mahalo.

Attachments

• 022D8FE1-7FFD-4143-9E07-0685E33AA190.jpeg
    022D8FE1-7FFD-4143-9E07-0685E33AA190.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 109

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
are you trying to go anywhere in particular?

Reactions: cailao

dalitpidated

Reaction score
Its good to have a destination, all the other details work themselves out. I dont know the trains too well, but we need someone to sit on this mountain this summer. Its close to town and Smokey Mountain national park. I need help too this summer, but that is in Ohio, not really high on peoples destination list.

dalitpidated

Reaction score
I am in sw Ohio. Where in Ohio and what sort of help?
ne :/ i need an extra set of hands next month. most of the first floor fell into the basement a decade or so ago. this year we are tearing it all out. i also need someone to sell junk either at the flea market or online. i also need someone who can vegan camp cook with no budget, i typically have too much to do to eat, and my money gets stretched too much to eat with money. i need someone who can hold a job and rent a place so i can grow weed. i need lots of things :) i need someone to buy my extra truck too!(it came with the building)

dalitpidated

Reaction score
I know someone who is looking for a truck, give me some more information about it?
2000 Ford Ranger 4cyl single cab extended bed. only 77k miles. stinky old man smoker owned it. i put enough work in it to drive around town. might need another shampooing or two and some rear shocks. these trucks can get up to 300k miles. i am trying to get a lot of money for it.

cailao

Reaction score
Its good to have a destination, all the other details work themselves out. I dont know the trains too well, but we need someone to sit on this mountain this summer. Its close to town and Smokey Mountain national park. I need help too this summer, but that is in Ohio, not really high on peoples destination list.
I’ll check it out! Let me just say I am one hell of a vegan cook.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads