New to this site

DregeDE

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Where's Seattle, LA; Never heard of that place, I'm from seattle Wa.

luxeprimal

Reaction score
I from Seattle and live here atm but i had a a couple stints where i tried to move out to la for school and ended up homeless, once in orlando too but that was when i was teen and Ive realized the west coast is where I want to be although I do plan on traveling sometime when i get the time and get my van. I'm back here trying to find a job and and save enough to get a van this time so I'm not as destitute in a new place without knowing the place or anyone and being broke like I was like I was, that really took a tole on me. It was a nightmare in the purest sense and I'm still trying to recover and get the sand out of all my clothes from sleeping on the beach. I figure I get a van that way i have a place to live and a way to get around other then my bike which i almost got hit by cars a few nights from being near sighted and not seeing oncoming cars . When I go back I'm planning on taking a long road trip there to clear my head and start over.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
im in the seattle area, trying to head down to the bay area, when are you trying to leave?

luxeprimal

Reaction score
Sometime towards the end of this yr, as soon as i get a break from school. Cant wait, Seattle doesn't feel the same since I've been back, I'm pretty sure its just me. What about you?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
ah, im either going to leave around mid sept or end of october. i might get this job out there that only lasts two months, which would be perfect since it would give me a good amount of cash to sit on and october would be a good time to start heading south. but im also going crazy out here in the boondocks, so i might leave in sept anyway, but i've spent this whole year being broke as fuck, so im not sure what i'll do yet.

im guessing winter break is when you'll be free from school? my vague plan is to sit somewhere (whether it's here, the bay, or austin, tx) and work up some money until the end of the year then do a shit ton of traveling, using saved up money to go to all the festivals i haven't been able to hit up yet.

luxeprimal

Reaction score
i spent this whole yr being broke as fuck too i wasn't even planning on coming back here, i wish id just stayed and saved up for my van instead. I'm running on a pretty detailed vague plan too since nothing it solidified right now but I'm trying to make some moves... and i can not keep putting off school. im trying to be back in the santa monica/venice area and transferring to another college there. For some reason its calling me and haven't made peace with that place but the problem is I wanna do some traveling too i think i should have done this yr instead of trying to make my move to la woulda have been cheaper i made so much money i just spent on dumb shit like weed cos i couldn't cope with being so stressed out. sounds like we had a pretty similar yr and its getting even more alike. why if anything id like to travel down there and then get my van but that means i got rid of my shit by then, if you see my room in the back there's shit everywhere, tons of clothes and furniture I'm trying to sort out or give away so now it just depends on how much i'll be getting rid of, traveling down there, get rid of damn near everything, road tripping down there, might take a few things but i think i might do the latter since i wanted to film my journey there, i could also do it traveling too. What festivals did you have in mind

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
oh, i want to spend one year going to every festival that i couldn't afford to before. so...

burning man (kinda iffy on this one, most people say it sucks now, so this is low on the list - more likely i will go to flipside in austin, tx)
wasteland weekend (mad max cosplay party in the desert)
maryland deathfest
baltimore/philly punx picnic
dragoncon
comi-con
chaos in tejas
punk island
the great american beer festival
anarchist book fair san francisco
ufo festival, roswell, nm
run for your lives (zombie marathon)
autonomous mutant festival

and a ton more, too many to list really. plus there's a ton of destinations i would like to visit in between, like bryce canyon, a lot of national parks, many abandoned places i want to explore, etc. oh yeah, and area 51 (sounds crazy, but it's doable).

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads