New to this but my life has no meaning | Squat the Planet

New to this but my life has no meaning

Looking4Life

Reaction score
122-156 Washington St, Wausau, WI 54403, USA
So my introductions. I might be too old for this shit, but I also dont' care. I wanna travel. I'm halfway to death and I've never been out of the upper midwest, always had a responsibility, a job, a relationship, family to keep my anchored, but I'm living my life for someone else and it's killing me.
Doing my research to get a nice van going, I'm in Wausau, WI right now but I travel a bit on weekends.
I'm on this site to get inspiration, ideas, and meet people.

marmar

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
So my introductions. I might be too old for this shit, but I also dont' care. I wanna travel. I'm halfway to death and I've never been out of the upper midwest, always had a responsibility, a job, a relationship, family to keep my anchored, but I'm living my life for someone else and it's killing me.
Doing my research to get a nice van going, I'm in Wausau, WI right now but I travel a bit on weekends.
I'm on this site to get inspiration, ideas, and meet people.
I don't think there is such a thing as too old to start travelling. Unless your body physically can't handle the nomadic life style. My mom was in her 60s when she started going places, and travelled round 4 continents, i guess partially being inspired by her daughter's adventures haha.
You can meet a lot of older folx at many cool places where nomads tend to flock to, like rainbow gatherings and,I heard, slab city.
Welcome to stp

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
wait a second..
is that a guitar??
is that you playing??

WTF do you mean, "no meaning"??

maybe you mean that you mean you have all the meaning you meant to find where you meant to stand, to find meaning, because you already knew that meaning was what you meant when you went to mean meaning?

seems like you already mean a *whole* fucking lot..

i mean..
'meaning' is like... i dunno.. water & air?

fucking *everything* means something..
whether it means to or not..

fact is, most of us mofos just mean to be gluttons of what meaning means.. ; )

if ya know what i mean..

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
& if you don't, God fucking help you..

but..

ya wounna be here, if ya dinna, so goddamned fucking welcome, mofo.

enjoy the root canal without anethesia..

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

AAAutin

Reaction score
Good news: nobody's life has any meaning. We are all insignificant. (And if that thought doesn't free you from the yoke of societal expectation, I don't know what would.)

Also, fuck Wisconny. It's a cold, dead trap. Make your first real trip a westward one, and have some goddamn fun.

Looking4Life

Reaction score
122-156 Washington St, Wausau, WI 54403, USA
Good news: nobody's life has any meaning. We are all insignificant. (And if that thought doesn't free you from the yoke of societal expectation, I don't know what would.)

Also, fuck Wisconny. It's a cold, dead trap. Make your first real trip a westward one, and have some goddamn fun.

Its nice in the summer, which last about 4 weeks, and it sucks the rest of the time.
Also thank you I wrote that shit when i was in a bad headspace man but a few bowels and a walk in the fresh air and I feel much better.

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org

As a practitioner of Zen, I often find myself trying to explain this to friends who are in various stages of distress re: life and the apparent lack of meaning, but like so many things I can see on their faces that it's not the answer they expected from me and that one must really experience the complete freedom that comes from knowing in your bones that nothing matters and that in that lies true personal liberty. It cannot fully be "explained" but can be experienced in an instant. I recently told a friend that many forms of insanity could be paths to true freedom and she looked at me like I had shit on her antique Persian carpet. ::wacky::

DuHastMich

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
but I'm living my life for someone else and it's killing me.

Well, I chose this excerpt as my 'jump-off point' because this is the path you chose, which ultimately led to your life lacking fulfillment.

When you chose to find someone to engage in a lengthy courtship with, you essentially include someone in your life - not live for them. When you decide to have kids, you do indeed settle down (unless you choose to adopt said kids off). However, you're never bound by some unwritten contract to live for someone else - because your kids will grow up with their own characteristics, only requiring food, water, education (not all the time necessary, but great if you wish to keep Child Services off your ass) and shelter. Guidance, and all other emotional contributions, are of course helpful in the child rearing process but (in the case of myself) aren't always offered outside of the occasional ass whooping.

Although I commend you for wanting to engage your inner free spirit, bear in mind it doesn't have to be in a manner where you totally walk away from the life you built. Meld the rubber tramping ideology with your family. Hell, maybe your woman and kids would totally dig the new experience.

There are many individuals who frequent this form who've been everywhere. They are heavily armed with knowledge beyond even my wildest dreams, which is why I love reading things here more times than I'll insert my unfiltered opinion. In this case, it's just hard to digest someone saying they're living for someone else when, in all actuality, they signed up for the shit and knew potential risks prior to committing.

No offense in any of this. Just boldly stating facts.

Good luck rediscovering yourself, and if you have any questions about rubber tramping or whatnot, I (or others) are just a PM away.

Namaste.

P.S.: I'm 43. I'll beat the pavement until I'm 90, Lord willing. You're only as old as you choose to believe, my friend.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads