looking to start traveling

Outworld

Reaction score
Hey all. I am new to Squat the Planet, but the thought of traveling has been on my mind for some time. I am very interested in the 'crust punk' lifestyle, and I am trying to find a way to meet people in that world and learn about it. Is there anyone on here who I can talk with about this? By 'crust punk', I am talking about those who are politically active, love music, reject corporate products and consumerism, are self-reliant, and are generally pretty dirty and smelly. I am concerned about being new to this and coming off as a tourist or a poser. I currently live a very typical life of work and home, and I know that transitioning from that will be difficult. Any advice?

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
douse gasoline on yerself & light a match..

that's about what you have to be ready for, friend..

good luck & welcome, & if you ever need any help, we're here..

peace,

J

Reactions: CosmicBrothaCam

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
& you know, Outworld?

the only thing that keeps us from being tourists is how much we try to help others to be free..
lifestyle, body odor & music be damned..

freedom & respect for freedom are the criteria for truly being where you are..
& that is all traveling is, even if you are satisfied being where all about you is familiar..

juliesunshine

Reaction score
welcome!
live it and experience it and you will learn, and others will teach you. don't be afraid to just jump into something even though you may not know much about it. people are often very welcoming and accepting (there will be those who are not, but they are not worth your time, so just keep going and meet more people)

safe travels

Antelope Bob

Soul Seeker
Reaction score
I would suggest reading almost the entire forum here and get out of your comfort spot and go find some travelers to talk to. We are everywhere. Welcome and may the Earth Mother guide your path and the Great Father protect you.

Reactions: Tude

Journeyingjoe

Reaction score
Hey all. I am new to Squat the Planet, but the thought of traveling has been on my mind for some time. I am very interested in the 'crust punk' lifestyle, and I am trying to find a way to meet people in that world and learn about it. Is there anyone on here who I can talk with about this? By 'crust punk', I am talking about those who are politically active, love music, reject corporate products and consumerism, are self-reliant, and are generally pretty dirty and smelly. I am concerned about being new to this and coming off as a tourist or a poser. I currently live a very typical life of work and home, and I know that transitioning from that will be difficult. Any advice?
B U & and everything else will follow brother. I've been fortunate enough to meet many wonderful, dirty, self reliant, helpful..... I've been traveling with family since Jan and they are always educational and entertaining. Try gatherings. Good luck

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads