New to forum, question on where to find puppy on the road...

Everymanalion

Reaction score
So ive traveled alot on the verge of everything listed on this forum, as minimal as possible but last time i went, which was alone, i got very lonely and thought well hey, next time i will bring a dog with me, i was curious as to where you guys get your puppies from on the road? find them? theft? friends who had puppies?

Breeder

Reaction score
Someone once gave me a puppy in Roosevelt Park in Albuquerque, NM. I "forgot it" and my friend Sam took it. The next puppy-Spider-was also given to me/my family. Horrible beast of a dog who I gave away to my then-friend Jarid. So, wait and you shall receive; someone will give you a pup. Or, you will find a stray (just so long as it is really stray and doesn't belong to some other kids). The only dog theft I remember is a girl stealing a dog from some loser whom was not properly caring for the animal. She kept it forever, or at least until her brother ran it over.

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Thanks man, i was not saying or implying you all or i would steal a dog from someone unless the dog was being HORRIBLY abused then i might depending but i appreciate it!

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
If you are dedicated, and experienced in raising animals, find a rescue in a shelter. They are gonna die if someone doesnt snatch em up, and you can find a lot of amazing animals there.
Another way to rescue dogs, go to the south somewhere, find a lot of poor people who seem to have too many pits. chances are they are fighters, they have good stock for babies, and you can always get a throw away pup for free or next to it.

Breeder

Reaction score
Thanks man, i was not saying or implying you all or i would steal a dog from someone unless the dog was being HORRIBLY abused then i might depending but i appreciate it!
I didn't think you were. Well, yes, rescuing an abused animal is morally o.k. as it jives under various ethical theories. As suggested, an animal shelter is an excellent idea.

P

Pheonix

most animal shelters have huge fees that come with your new pet, granted your dog will be fixed you will still be paying for it. if money is the issue then maybe a ghetto throw-away dog would be cheaper. I would try www.craigslist.org

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads