OP
iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam

Mossback
StP Supporter
Current Location
Darrington, WA
Looks awesome man! Congrats!
Where’s it located? When ya headed to the islands?
Cheers
Crow
In Bellingham. It's still at the sellers house on a trailer. Got to wax the sides of the boat before putting it in the water, and waiting for the weather to cooperate. Going to keep it in a slip in B-ham for this season and figure out next year if I want to keep it somewhere else. Hoping to do some trips beginning in a couple weeks. Sucia Island looks interesting. Have any other recommendations of places you like? Bought a chart book for all of the San Juan islands the other day...been having fun looking at that.

I also need to figure out a dinghy situation quick before i do any overnight trips or longer. Something my dog won't puncture and is big enough yet small enough to stow on a 22 foot boat. Any recs on that?

Last edited:
Reactions: MetalBryan

Dameon

Hobo
Current Location
Northern California
I also need to figure out a dinghy situation quick before i do any overnight trips or longer. Something my dog won't puncture and is big enough yet small enough to stow on a 22 foot boat. Any recs on that?
You can usually pick up an Avon inflatable for cheap. Inflatable may sound bad for use with a dog, but they're extremely durable; I used an Avon as my tender for years with my dog, and she never created a hole in it. An Avon inflatable makes a good tender for a small boat, because it's light and you can deflate it and stow it inside while you're sailing. They're also fairly easy to repair compared to something made out of fiberglass or wood.

Reactions: iamwhatiam
OP
iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam

Mossback
StP Supporter
Current Location
Darrington, WA
You can usually pick up an Avon inflatable for cheap. Inflatable may sound bad for use with a dog, but they're extremely durable; I used an Avon as my tender for years with my dog, and she never created a hole in it. An Avon inflatable makes a good tender for a small boat, because it's light and you can deflate it and stow it inside while you're sailing. They're also fairly easy to repair compared to something made out of fiberglass or wood.
did you have one with a rigid bottom? or was it air filled floor? did you lay down carpet for the bottom or anything?

MetalBryan

Rambler
Current Location
Washington, DC
I like the idea of StP users learning to sail and then trading their first rig to another StP prospect. That's gotta be the best way to build the punk navy.