New Osprey 65 AG need advice

Peregrin

Reaction score
My pack came in today and I'm curious what I can do about these orange straps. I'm really not interested in taking the time to Sharpie them. Would black RIT dye hold?

Attachments

• 20160705_153216_HDR.jpg
    20160705_153216_HDR.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 353
K

Kim Chee

Gimme a chisel point marker and I could darken that orange shit in under 5 minutes.

What was your plan when you bought that shit::facepalm::?

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
Rit dye doesn't generally take too well to synthetic fabrics and will be way more labour intensive than just taking a marker to them. Although personally I don't mind the orange unless its stealth you're going for.

Reactions: Peregrin

Peregrin

Reaction score
I guess a Sharpie it is haha. I planned on dyeing them but I'm not going to take my chances. I'm going for stealth, and less attractive as to not get robbed of the yuppie pack.

K

Kim Chee

If you want to make that bag look undesireable, sew some fake repairs onto it.

Caution: Oogles will think you're a poser when they see your patches aren't legit.

D

Deleted member 125

i dont see anything wrong with the little bits of orange personally. as far as getting shit for having a yuppie pack, hell i rarely see anything but these days, its worth the investment and yer back will thank you for sure. plus if someone wanted to rob you i doubt they are going to care if you have a nice pack, or a beat up alice with no frame.

Peregrin

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys. I have the straps blacked out with a Marks A Lot.. but my issue is now the reflective lettering. This a before and after using the flash, once I went over the letters. You can barely spot the difference! Any advice on covering this shit?

Attachments

• 20160707_000953.jpg
    20160707_000953.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 314
  • 20160707_002634.jpg
    20160707_002634.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 312

Peregrin

Reaction score
If you want to make that bag look undesireable, sew some fake repairs onto it.

Caution: Oogles will think you're a poser when they see your patches aren't legit.

What if I use Skitsystem and Discharge patches? Will the oogles take me in as their own and feed me dumpster bagels and sidewalk slams?

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
For how dark the pack already is why even bother doing anything to it? They probably designed the pack to be stealthy by making it black and thought well if its really fucking dark outside its going to be hard to see, so well put some shiny stuff on it so you can find it.

Reactions: Peregrin and Kal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads