New Orleans | Squat the Planet

New Orleans

Myechtatel

Reaction score
So I've heard a lot of bad stuff about cops in New Orleans. Basically that they can do whatever they want because they don't have to answer to anyone. For example, you can get arrested for "molesting a cheeseburger" by taking the pickles off a cheeseburger. But on the other hand it seems to be a popular place for travelers to go. I just want to know if anyone who's been there can help clear this up. thanks.

Lizzzzz

Reaction score
they're worse around halloween/day of the dead and mardi gras. just steer clear of them the best you can. so much drunken debauchery to get lost in, no reason to stick out and get baton'd down.

venusinpisces

Reaction score
If you wear a pack and ask for money in the French Quarter then chances are good you will go to jail for 30 days or so. New Orleans is different than some other places because there isn't much in the way of social services so you're pretty much on your own. Try to bring some money if you can. Travelers are heavily targeted with bullshit charges all the time. One of my friends got arrested in Jackson Square and they charged him with "drinking Pepsi". The judges just think that shit is funny. I did 30 days for "unlawful public habitation", otherwise known as sitting on a park bench. Since then every time I went back I stashed my pack somewhere and didn't get messed with. Also, when travelers are getting shitfaced in public, don't hang out too long unless you want to get arrested. The NOPD are probably more corrupt than in any other place in this country.

squabblez

Reaction score
8th ward. hanks. fly on prospect. people there will tell you whats what. tell pilot im on my way bak. expensive fuckin bottles. 275 4 loco off music. 7 dollar 5ths at moma blahs. you might get stuck and die...about the cops where i told ya they wont fuck wit ya. id say beware of walkin the streets alone wit all the nigz nexta yer squat. fuckin shit no fucked me up

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know about now, but back in 04-06 you could smoke in opp. It is one of the last jails that you can smoke in. I had a dep try to offer anyone that cut off my mohawk 2 sandwiches, no one stepped up though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads