New Orleans in March | Squat the Planet

New Orleans in March

Deismona

Reaction score
Thinking of going down to New Orleans for a week or two sometime in March, would love to meet people who’d be into making some art/music, exploring some spaces and maybe even showing me around a bit. I have only visited New Orleans once and was not staying in my vehicle then so I’m looking to get to know the city better.

D

Deleted member 16034

I live there, and I am planning to stay living there until at least April.

This entire city has been kind of upside down of what it was last year if that makes any sense. Everything that I cherished last year is now closed off and/or under construction. The big military building at the end of the world got bought up by Disney and is being sealed shut. I don't know if pirate steps is being renovated or if it's just been torn down forever. Half of Bourbon st is still under fucking construction. Decatur is and will always be dia de los oogles.

Stay away from the Sidney Torres goon squad. They gave my friend an "Aggressive panhandling" ticket because she picked up a piece of cardboard with no writing on it on Bourbon street walking to her house from her second job.

There's a user on this site who has a hostel in the St. Roch area, iirc. I know of a few users on this site who live here as well. If you have any specific questions I'm sure I or someone else on this site can answer them.

Deismona

Reaction score
I live there, and I am planning to stay living there until at least April.

This entire city has been kind of upside down of what it was last year if that makes any sense. Everything that I cherished last year is now closed off and/or under construction. The big military building at the end of the world got bought up by Disney and is being sealed shut. I don't know if pirate steps is being renovated or if it's just been torn down forever. Half of Bourbon st is still under fucking construction. Decatur is and will always be dia de los oogles.

Stay away from the Sidney Torres goon squad. They gave my friend an "Aggressive panhandling" ticket because she picked up a piece of cardboard with no writing on it on Bourbon street walking to her house from her second job.

There's a user on this site who has a hostel in the St. Roch area, iirc. I know of a few users on this site who live here as well. If you have any specific questions I'm sure I or someone else on this site can answer them.

Ahhh thank you for the info. I haven’t been there for so long I didn’t know the state of the city. I may wait to go if the whole city is a mess like that...

Its Me Ryan

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
if you're judging the city on behalf of things like bourbon street being torn up, sidney torres goon squad, decatur street oogles and the "military building" at the end of the world (aka F. Edward Hebert Defense Complex) being bought by disney (which is in fact not true, it's currently owned by the city) then you need to get out of the french quarter/bywater more and explore other parts of the city. contact me if you come, i'll give you a tour that doesn't involve the quarter.

Reactions: Darkwolf

Deismona

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I’ll be heading down that way the 18th, gonna stop and camp in Talladega National Forest on the way down and drive along the gulf a bit. Let me know if you wanna meet up! Trying to see the swamp, some good cheap food, and whatever else I can get to see that’s rad as hell.

Darkwolf

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I’ll be heading down that way the 18th, gonna stop and camp in Talladega National Forest on the way down and drive along the gulf a bit. Let me know if you wanna meet up! Trying to see the swamp, some good cheap food, and whatever else I can get to see that’s rad as hell.
Hey man I know the places, let me know

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads