New Orleans Car Life Advice | Squat the Planet

New Orleans Car Life Advice

Gutterthey

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here, relatively new to living in my car. I just got to New Orleans from Florida Bc it wasn’t the vibe. I want to stay here for a while and work/save my money. I am concerned about my car being broken into, mostly Bc I can’t afford to repair it. I read online having things in your car makes ppl curious to break in, which is an issue Bc I have to keep non perishable food and blankets in here. Can’t keep in the trunk. What is some creative advice on how to deter thieves? Also, I sleep in my car so any advice on safe places for me to park/ways to deter someone from bothering me would be appreciated.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
breaking into cars seems mostly to be a crime of opportunity, so not having expensive stuff lying out will prevent most incidents. i don't think you have to worry about having food or clothing out, no one is going to commit breaking and entering for that kind of stuff. usually things like phones, gopros, laptops, things that are easily pawnable are things you should hide under the seats and whatnot.

as for places to park, i found lots of places in mid city. just look for cemeteries or parks. try not to park near residential houses.

Reactions: Gutterthey

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads