New here, tired of the BS | Squat the Planet

New here, tired of the BS

P

Pnwdude

Hi all, as the title says, I'm new here and tired of the BS.

Im ready to get the eff out, figure I'd join here since it seems there's like-minded peeps in here.. Been in Oregon all my life and want to see more of america, been to Cali twice and Washington half a dozen times, feel stuck, lost, lonely, tired, overwhelmed and understimulated. Zero excitement and just plain flavored yogurt... I want some vanilla honey Greek style flavor to live in..

Not really sure what to say or what to do, or how to breathe and get some ya know.. I don't know..
Thanks for lookin

duderino

Reaction score
Website
slothsbigadventure.wordpress.com
Sup man. I'm in a similar situation. Lived on the west coast most my life without venturing to far from it. I'm getting old and want to see the world before it's too late. I've got nothing tying me down so I figure now is a good time. I'm going to be traveling by bicycle and I'm heading across the country. I'm also in Oregon, and I will be leaving sometime next month.

Reactions: Testicool
D

Deleted member 16034

Hey man, welcome to the world of travel. Fellow Oregonian here. I started my first trek for very similar reasons to you. Hitchhiked to the bay area and stayed at a hostel, then went to college and got a few degrees before saying fuck it and going out again. I currently live in my truck in Texas after having a stint in New Orleans and I can personally tell you it's been one of the best decisions of my life to get up and get out. It's extremely daunting and I've had a half dozen friends get interested and then back out at the last minute, but sometimes ya gotta close your eyes and take a flying leap.

So do you have any loose plans? Any ideas of places that sound cool? Any ideas of how to get there?

Celeree

Reaction score
Hey, I hear that loud and clear. Sick of the b.s., yet kind of sponging off it at the same time. Cheap ass trailer I bought, cheap utilities. Unemployed so lots of fed help with school, food stamps, and loans to pay for patience while I set myself up. Bought cheap van to get sound and outfit for my getaway, loans to pay for bankruptcy on huge medical and a few cc's, school to learn something I can do mobile (billing and coding), and some time for research how to disappear. Lots of good stuff here.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads