New guy here. Never hitched/hopped/squatted

Lee

Reaction score
Hey guys, what's up. I'm new here, I found this site on Tumblr. I've always loved the idea of living off-grid and travelling. Like I said, have never hitched/hopped or squatted, as I'm currently in school living with parents (I'm 16). I am hoping to hitch hike around europe when I leave school with a friend and then perhaps hopping and squatting through America or Australia. Nothing is planned out, I'm just gonna do what feels right. I'm in Queensland, Australia and would love to meet some people who participate in this sort of stuff.

Thanks. Any hints or tips, throw them my way.

Cheers, see you on the road.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
i hitched cross country at 16 or so constantly, i cant understand why anyone would want to live on the streets, but i had a better time than most and most days i can say ive done more in one day than someone else has done in that whole month. write it all down whatever you do wherever you go. luck

Lee

Reaction score
i hitched cross country at 16 or so constantly, i cant understand why anyone would want to live on the streets, but i had a better time than most and most days i can say ive done more in one day than someone else has done in that whole month. write it all down whatever you do wherever you go. luck

Woah, nice man. So, you ran from home or is that the legal moving out age or something out there?

Yeah, I have actually thought about doing that. Packing my rucksack, finding the nearest train yard and going anywhere. Cheers man.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
legal age? i was told dont come back and the locks changed. laws werent there so much yet like they are now even though it wasnt that long ago i was right on the border of a lot of things. it was cold as hell i had a nickel in my pocket and a duffell bag with my clothes and took of to warm weather around 15 16 never stopped really. i hope you have a good time and see and do what you want.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
i just came back from new england, technically im still there but leaving out in a day or two goin west.always wanted to go to australia. maybe someday iwas going to start in ireland and work down to europe it didnt work out.

RockerBilly

Reaction score
Sweet. Me and a friend are planning on hitchhiking and train hoping through Europe end of next year. I'd really like to do some now though, haha.
Let me know any progress you make freight hopping in europe. not sure bout the continent but here in the British Isles it looks like a nightmare to me. All I see are intermodals mostly :( ..there must be some way.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads