New format for this week's discord voice chat! (1 Viewer)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I'm going to be experimenting with a new format for the voice chat this Wednesday! Going forward I am going to set a specific topic for each week's discussion, and I am going to record it for others to listen to later, basically making it a podcast. Everyone is welcome to join in on the discussion, even if you just want to listen to it live (if so, please mute your mic until you're ready to chime in on something). I will be acting as a facilitator to keep discussions on track and throwing in opinions of my own as we go along. Due to how long some chat nights go for, we'll be ending the recording at 2 hours to keep it reasonably consumable for those listening later (you can continue chatting afterwards if you like).

The topic for this week's discussion is:

Favorite places

and will be taking place in our discord server on:

Wednesday, July 1st
5pm PST -- 7pm CST -- 8pm EST

What are your personal favorite places? Places you've been that really struck a cord with you personally or somewhere you just ended up unexpectedly having a good time? Join us this week and share your stories, reasons why you like a particular place, etc. Even if you don't have much travel experience, come listen and you might just hear a few interesting places worth adding to your bucket list :)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Dameon

Nomad
For some reason I can't get into any of the stp chatrooms
Did you re-link your STP account and Discord? There was a reset, so all accounts need to be linked up again. In case you tried that and it's not working, I went ahead and gave you access to the Discord channels, but if you haven't tried linking again please do.

starfarer

Wanderer
T
Did you re-link your STP account and Discord? There was a reset, so all accounts need to be linked up again. In case you tried that and it's not working, I went ahead and gave you access to the Discord channels, but if you haven't tried linking again please do.
A Damo😃I'll give it another go

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $60.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $60.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $60.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.