New & excited to meet fellow travellers! | Squat the Planet

New & excited to meet fellow travellers!

Travellingmelody

Reaction score
So I've been a stay at home mom and artist for the last 18 years. I'm 35 and don't want to regret not being free. So a couple weeks ago I woke up, packed a backpack and walked out my front door never to return there again. I headed to the junk yard, sold my car, walked out of the yard, and hitched a ride half a mile down the road. I've been smiling ever since. I'll have to say that the people I've meet are the best part off it all! I love my time alone but treasure the moments shared with fellow humans and travellers! I MADE it all the way from pittsburgh to flag staff in under 2 weeks and can't wait to see what the future holds!

Travellingmelody

Reaction score
Well thanks for asking.....hmmmm What made me leave? I guess I suck at ass kissing lol and I've always felt trapped by the responsibilities, rules and my self. I just woke up and left. If I kept thinking about it, I would have never done it. I just had to do it.... I'm thinking of the grand canyon, east coast, or Mexico....I'm really leaning towards Mexico but who knows!

MarsOrScars

Reaction score
Website
knotcraft.net
Welcome to StP and safe travels. Lots of great information here. Like you, I also feel trapped and am working on hatching my escape plan.

It's gonna piss people off, but I've learned to accept that fact and go with "me"

Anyway, lots of great information here to help you along the way!

• Haha
Reactions: WanderLost Radical

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
it's always nice to see folks that can do some traveling later in life as well! i'm 36 and sometimes i get all wrapped up in what society tells me i should be doing at this age (and my parent's nagging) so it's nice to see a living reminder that we should just to what the fuck we want with our lives, so thanks :)

Reaction score
Balls of F@ckin steel!!!!!! That's one heck of a way to inspire others with your "I just decided to do it" attitude. Where I give you the most credit is the fact that you acted on your thought and you made it happen without focusing so much on the things that should have kept you where you were. Most people today lack follow through. People talk and few rarely walk.

"Leap and the net will appear" or as I always say, "The Universe Favors the Bold". I was leaving my last location and walking down the road when someone offered me a ride, and a job. He told me he would be back in a few hours and if I was interested then just give him a call and he would pick me up. I told him right then and there that when the Universe opens a door, I walk through without hesitation. You either know you are going to do something or you know you won't do that very same thing. It being the right time is merely an illusion since all we have is the now.

You mentioned where you just went and places you are thinking about going to. Were these places always on your mind or were you inspired after you left? Did you purposely try to get to Flagstaff or were you just the passenger riding along to your first unknown destination?

All my best to you and your life of freedom......................

Reactions: MarsOrScars

Jay smith

Reaction score
So I've been a stay at home mom and artist for the last 18 years. I'm 35 and don't want to regret not being free. So a couple weeks ago I woke up, packed a backpack and walked out my front door never to return there again. I headed to the junk yard, sold my car, walked out of the yard, and hitched a ride half a mile down the road. I've been smiling ever since. I'll have to say that the people I've meet are the best part off it all! I love my time alone but treasure the moments shared with fellow humans and travellers! I MADE it all the way from pittsburgh to flag staff in under 2 weeks and can't wait to see what the future holds!
Hi how are you

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Shit I wish I had the guts to do that. Took me a year or preparation before I did "the jump".

Props for that, and welcome to STP! :D

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Not trying to start anything but why would you rate my post as meh them to the site and said safe travels. Hardly anything to meh at.

My bad, I'm browsing on my really shit mobile. Must've clicked by itself when I scrolled down. I fixed it :)

PS. Maybe just take it to PM next time so you dont go off topic :)

(Any mod can remove that pic? I thought it was OP talking, and said shitty mobile wont let me)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016_04_23_17_04_46.png
    Screenshot_2016_04_23_17_04_46.png
    62 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Reactions: Haystack

Haystack

Reaction score
My bad, I'm browsing on my really shit mobile. Must've clicked by itself when I scrolled down. I fixed it :)

PS. Maybe just take it to PM next time so you dont go off topic :)

(Any mod can remove that pic? I thought it was OP talking, and said shitty mobile wont let me)

No worried man! I didn't really care, I was just curious. Right after I posted it I was like man I should of sent him a PM instead, my bad. Anyways sorry for getting off topic.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

get back to us and let us know how it's going!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads