New and saying ello to all | Squat the Planet

New and saying ello to all

GrEeNegGs

Reaction score
Thanks for the add guys ... Plan to be in Austin in a couple of days and need suggestions on where to urban camp, work trade, or communities with openings in the area please ... Feel free to hit me up with any questions about anything, though I have filled out some info on profile

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
the forests near johnny morris rd and fm 969 are a good spot to camp. i suggest getting a bike from the yellow bike collective though, or taking the bus...

Reactions: GrEeNegGs

GrEeNegGs

Reaction score
the forests near johnny morris rd and fm 969 are a good spot to camp. i suggest getting a bike from the yellow bike collective though, or taking the bus...
Wow ....really digging the yellow bike project, thanks for that heads up. To begin with I might try to camp closer to downtown area for the soup kitchens

GrEeNegGs

Reaction score
Any good community centers that offer lockers I could put my gear in while trying to do gigs off of Craigslist or day laborers

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
honestly i can't think of any. i ususally just stashed my stuff in really hidden spots in the woods and kept my valuables on me in a day pack.

Reactions: ElNayshon

GrEeNegGs

Reaction score
I see so many parks on maps...are they not just as easy to squat as national Forest? ... Just say clear of designated camping spots and trails, move camp once a week to 5 days and break camp in mornings/while away has worked for months in co,nm, & or

Reactions: ElNayshon

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads