Who knows Brooklyn really well? | Squat the Planet

Who knows Brooklyn really well?

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I'm scoping out Floyd Bennett Field for a potential long-term squat. It seems to have a significant amount of wooded area, and is not far from a bus line, which is good.
FBF is not far from the Sheepshead Bay neighborhood.
I'm looking at it on Google maps; but hoping someone is from NYC/Brooklyn or has squatted or travelled there.

Art101

Reaction score
We have been planning an NYC trip to explore some of the old mil. areas and such will let you know how it goes.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
We have been planning an NYC trip to explore some of the old mil. areas and such will let you know how it goes.
Thanks! I -just- discovered "Gateway National Rec Area" looking on Google Maps....I always look for woods. Thick, healthy, clean woods. Unfortunately I got ALOT of ticks in Montauk in May of 2012 and so haven't been back to NYC for very long. The ticks bit me everywhere and I'm still concerned about Lyme disease.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score

Art101

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at it on Google Earth and it looks pretty exposed and developed lol.Not to mention the whole Parks thing.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at it on Google Earth and it looks pretty exposed and developed lol.Not to mention the whole Parks thing.
Yeah. But fortunately for "Peepz like us" look at the wooded area with ''hiking trails'' directly to the north of the airfield.....Doesn't it look heavily wooded enough to set up a low profile tent? Of course, it would suck if the undergrowth isn't quite heavy enough, and one were to be awakened at 7 in the morning by a vanload of schoolkids. ::rage::

atlastalias

Banned
Reaction score
I'm scoping out Floyd Bennett Field for a potential long-term squat. It seems to have a significant amount of wooded area, and is not far from a bus line, which is good.
FBF is not far from the Sheepshead Bay neighborhood.
I'm looking at it on Google maps; but hoping someone is from NYC/Brooklyn or has squatted or travelled there.
Ha, I always squat floyd bennett field when I go through NYC. Theres some abandoned shit passed the campground, to the north.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads