Needing help crossing us and canada border (1 Viewer)

Badbill

Lurker
Current Location
Ky
Im trying to find someone that can help me cross a freind from canada into us..They are from Ireland and us cancelled there visa so they can't fly in...But they have a visa to Canada so was going to fly them in to Toronto..But from there we don't know what we should do next ..im willing to pay

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
StP Supporter
Current Location
Between Syd and Byron, NSW
Website
www.faceboook.com
If they cross legally they won't be allowed in without a visa/documents - there is no way around it. Look up US visa waivers, quickest way to get entry from my experience - believe they're only offered to certain nationalities though.

backpacker420

Lurker
Current Location
michigan
cross in Montana just make sure they walk past the border cut away like they are a bear and just pick them up on the other side.

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
StP Supporter
Current Location
Between Syd and Byron, NSW
Website
www.faceboook.com
cross in Montana just make sure they walk past the border cut away like they are a bear and just pick them up on the other side.
Not sure if sarcastic or not.
The repercussion for foreign citizens getting caught jumping the border aren't worth. I did it legally, was detained for hours (a couple of days and ago) and still eventually got let in.
They're fucking coybows on the border that have no one holding them to account

Jackthereaper

Rambler
Current Location
Earth
When i was a kid we used to hop into my friends boat and run across lake st. Claire and get lunch in windsor. Never had a problem coming back, not even post 9/11. Never even saw any sort of border patrol

backpacker420

Lurker
Current Location
michigan
Not sure if sarcastic or not.
The repercussion for foreign citizens getting caught jumping the border aren't worth. I did it legally, was detained for hours (a couple of days and ago) and still eventually got let in.
They're fucking coybows on the border that have no one holding them to account
they will never know if you never get into trouble or stopped by police and people do it everyday and are living here for yrs some even decades. marijuana smugglers use that same path. there is no fence and nobody is looking for illegals coming from Canada. you can even drive some logging roads and cross on the north east side of the usa without anyone even thinking twice

Chokechain

Lurker
Current Location
Oceanside CA
This seems like a good enough thread to inquire... Made it down to Southern California from Eureka for the winter, and now I'm headed north to Portland because it's impossible for me to stay in one spot for long. Also I kicked the heroin and need an adrenaline rush :cool:

While I've got the chance, I would love to visit my buddy in Canada (they don't have transportation) but am without a passport n I'm trying to reach Alberta area (near crow's-nest pass?) from Portland, should I hitch to Montana? ( & if so, whereabouts? Never been that far north--was checking out the map n Sweet Grass seems to have a possible route but idk.) Would appreciate some tips from someone who actually has experience

Anyway if anyone knows a good spot to cross on foot plst me know or DM or w/e
please
no replies suggesting that I obtain a passport... No time nor money to waste and the sigils should keep me safe

Even better: if you happen to be in said area, I'd appreciate a ride (if u don't mind smuggling me - I'm v flexible and can probably hide in whatever's got a bit of space - or dropping me near a safe spot to cross? Long shot but I reckon it doesn't hurt to ask) or some company would be nice too, if anyone has a similar plan + experience please hmu. I've been digging through old threads but haven't found much info yet.

Bl33ssings::eyepatch::

Last edited:

backpacker420

Lurker
Current Location
michigan
This seems like a good enough thread to inquire... Made it down to Southern California from Eureka for the winter, and now I'm headed north to Portland because it's impossible for me to stay in one spot for long. Also I kicked the heroin and need an adrenaline rush :cool:

While I've got the chance, I would love to visit my buddy in Canada (they don't have transportation) but am without a passport n I'm trying to reach Alberta area (near crow's-nest pass?) from Portland, should I hitch to Montana? ( & if so, whereabouts? Never been that far north--was checking out the map n Sweet Grass seems to have a possible route but idk.) Would appreciate some tips from someone who actually has experience

Anyway if anyone knows a good spot to cross on foot plst me know or DM or w/e
please
no replies suggesting that I obtain a passport... No time nor money to waste and the sigils should keep me safe

Even better: if you happen to be in said area, I'd appreciate a ride (if u don't mind smuggling me - I'm v flexible and can probably hide in whatever's got a bit of space - or dropping me near a safe spot to cross? Long shot but I reckon it doesn't hurt to ask) or some company would be nice too, if anyone has a similar plan + experience please hmu. I've been digging through old threads but haven't found much info yet.

Bl33ssings::eyepatch::
Kootenai National Forest would be the best area to cross and best at night to cross the border then make your way to a highway 5+ miles inside CA then hitchhike. bring some bear mace just in case, don't light any fires close to the border unless you use a gasifier soup can stove and only during the day or under thick trees at night. if anyone asks just say you are backpacking the national forest and if for some reason ( i highly doubt it will happen) you do get busted trying to cross just say you got turned around and thought you were heading back south. you could follow South Fork Hawkins Creek so you will have water and water for food. you could also bring a 3600 calorie bar. but i'd suggest doing it very soon due to the snow and be careful because the weather in mountains can change very fast. look at a topographic map to plan it out to best fit your fitness levels. never walk on top of large hills( peaks) walk about 500ft or more below them to avoid being seen with binoculars, planes etc. walking on peaks you make you seen for miles.

Chokechain

Lurker
Current Location
Oceanside CA
O
Kootenai National Forest would be the best area to cross and best at night to cross the border then make your way to Yahk bc and have your friend pick you up from there. bring some bear mace just in case, don't light any fires close to the border unless you use a gasifier soup can stove and only during the day or under thick trees at night. if anyone asks just say you are backpacking the national forest and if for some reason ( i highly doubt it will happen) you do get busted trying to cross just say you got turned around and thought you were heading back south. you could follow South Fork Hawkins Creek so you will have water and water for food. you could also bring a 3600 calorie bar. but i'd suggest doing it very soon due to the snow and be careful because the weather in mountains can change very fast. look at a topographic map to plan it out to best fit your fitness levels. never walk on top of large hills( peaks) walk about 500ft or more below them to avoid being seen with binoculars, planes etc. walking on peaks you make you seen for miles.
Ur fffng awesome thanks!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Im securing a squat tonight that should be a good long term squat. Also im playing a show tonight.
Just go to Barcelona and got lost on my way to my hostel. I walked into a corner store and asked for directions, and a guy who didn’t speak any English or know anything about me pointed to where i need to go and gave me a sticker that said “Everyone hates the police!”. I’m definitely in the right place😄!
Macon for a super hot minute. Who what when where?
Finished an initial draft of a floorplan for my new van:
A lot has happened since returning to California. Just two days after returning from the road, I grew the courage to leave my abusive SO and stop hiding her abuse. I returned to my hometown in the Bay Area; I’m now going to stay housed up here until next summer as I recover from trauma and save up for my next adventure. I’ve just gotten a job offer, and will be renting a room of my own here!
I learned a lot about myself and the world on the road, but I know vagabonding is the life for me!
I never did complete an update here, did I?
Well, I rubbertramped all across the country, back from Boston with a fellow moderator from R&V. We drove from there to Las Vegas over the course of a month! I saw 4 national parks, 30 states, and crossed over 6000+ miles. I came back to Los Angeles on June 15th, having achieved my goal of hitchhiking the entire country, and was on the road for over two months.
3 weeks of CDL training starting Monday. Im so excited. Living in semi is an upgrade from living in the van, especially since your getting paid for it! Hells yea!!!
A list of all the magic stores in the U.S. would be a sick feature on stp. Imagine you get off the train desperately in need of smokes and a slam, but you got ran off every corner... Dont worry stp knows exactly where you can get pall malls and some steelies with those foodies you picked up in the last town.
Engineer J Lupo wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
Happy Birthday, dad!
I really need to find someone catching out around at joseph... I don't know if I can do this for the first time in my own...

Staff online