Needed to post this (1 Viewer)

bip

Pilgrim
I am at a point in my life where I've lost all of my friends. Basically I think every single day that I'm not who I'm supposed to be because I didn't do the things that I had intuitive feelings to do and instead I've let fear and the desire to be comfortable run my entire life. Does anyone else have stuff like this going on?

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

bip

Pilgrim
I am at a point in my life where I've lost all of my friends. Basically I think every single day that I'm not who I'm supposed to be because I didn't do the things that I had intuitive feelings to do and instead I've let fear and the desire to be comfortable run my entire life. Does anyone else have stuff like this going on?
And as far as missed connections go, my friend slayer is having health problems in the dallas area. He's the best musician in the world and a really solid dude. He doesn't deserve to die uncomfortable

XRey

I understand this 100%, I passed up and am still sometimes passing up on the opportunity to do things out of wanting to be "comfortable". Lost almost all my friends because I never wanted to take them up on an invitation to travel or go out or go somewhere. Also missed out on a few relationships because my anxiety when I smoked weed got the best of me, often think about where I would be if I had always said yes instead of no. Now I dont smoke weed and trying not to be as introverted and say yes more..."trying".

Romanriff

Wayfarer
I've been feeling the same lately. Out on the road, I've seen a lot of shit I probably shouldn't have seen and I feel like I'm coming to terms with how much sadness and fear I have for the world but then I can't tell I'm just being a pussy. I haven't really lost friends because the ones I have now house me up but I feel like I could be doing the things I want more comfortably if I wasn't always up in my head about things.

Desperado Deluxe

Wise Sage
Dude bip yo its john the trainhopper you met at courthouse years back dont be afraid to say what's up I'm on insta. I'm going through alot of the same stuff and I'm always here to chat.

bip

Pilgrim
I've been feeling the same lately. Out on the road, I've seen a lot of shit I probably shouldn't have seen and I feel like I'm coming to terms with how much sadness and fear I have for the world but then I can't tell I'm just being a pussy. I haven't really lost friends because the ones I have now house me up but I feel like I could be doing the things I want more comfortably if I wasn't always up in my head about things.
I was honestly traumatized from action all the time but I got over it, I guess Its more in my subconscious where I'm afraid of faith

signofjonah

Lurker
bip I feel the way you describe all the time. In fact I've come to realize it's not even abnormal to feel this way in our culture anymore. Unfortunately this damn plague and responsibilities to my family have kept me a virtual prisoner so I can't go off the farm right now, but if 2021 starts to turn a corner or I lose my mind, I'm gonna be sprouting legs and going somewhere.

Souljuice76

Lurker
Bip, I do understand your feeling on this. I too have let the fear of the unknown get the best of me. I've wanted to live mobile forawhile and forge a new trail with a crew of folks and take an alternative route in life, but the fear of what others think and also other fears have kept me back. I have a few good friends in my life thankfully... and I think to myself maybe that's all I need.

These are some rough times we are living in, I wish that we could all get back on the right track as a people and stop going back to the things that harm us.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.