Need South American contacts and info

skiptown

Reaction score
Chattanooga, Olympia or Oakland. Sometimes Brookly
I am going to be traveling around in these three countries with a pal from mid January to mid April, roughly spending one month in each country in this order: Peru, Argentina then Brazil.

Mostly we just have an open ended ticket but we do have a few spots we want to check out. Our general game plan for Peru is Lima to Guadalupe to Chiclayo to Cajamarca to Cusco. After that we are considering switching up the Argentinian and Brazillian legs of our journey and going into the amazon to iquitos and taking a speedboat and then a local passenger ship down the the river into Brazil. I would greatly appreciate some input on this if anyone has boated from Peru to Brazil.

if you have kicked it around any of these countries and would be willing to share contacts or tell me about fun places to hang out, that information would be gratefully received. Also if you have travelled in South or Central American and have anything you really wish you had known and/or prepared for before you went. We especially need info on Brazil and Argentina.

skiptown

Reaction score
Chattanooga, Olympia or Oakland. Sometimes Brookly
bumping this shit. I´m here now and having a blast but would still love to get some punk (or not punk) contacts in either Peru or Argentina. it is beautiful and sunny and warm here and the food is out of control good. I am in guadalupe and found a place where for a very good price i found a really awesome family to rent me a really nice room, spanish lessons, a guide whenever I want and three meals a day (some of the absolute best food i have ever had... roast goat, octupus ceviche, fresh passonfruit juice etc.). People in Peru ar in general some of the nicest i have met. Please let me know if you know anyone here that would be down to show part of peru to a gringa.

axolotl

Reaction score
sounds like an amazing time!

when i get some money i´d like to find some cheap place to live for a while like you are, i´d love to hear more, and maybe you could give me some info like:

what´s the minimum amount of cash you need to get by in peru - how much is rent for a room, what about food, and is it possible to dumpster dive?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads