Need app testers for StP app (android & iOS) (1 Viewer)

Status
This thread has been closed and cannot be replied to.
Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Matt Derrick

Permanent Wanderer
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Apps working fine but I like the prefix feature on the site, is that something you could eventually put on here as well??

Sent from my iPhone using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

i wish we could, but tapatalk only supports the most basic functions of the board. so it's good for on the go, but definitely a poor replacement for all the features available on the desktop version of the site :p

wickedwench

Pilgrim
Website
www.fireandsliceproductions.com
I sent an email to [email protected] as well, but I realized that I didn't include the device! As I said in the email, on my Android 6.0.1 HTC 10, I get "Network error" in (get_config) and the app crashes immediately. I am a backend developer for a company that makes apps, so if you want me to try to get more detailed debugging info, let me know what you might want, and I may be able to figure out how to get it for you. My partner gets the exact same error on a Droid Ultra 2 running Android 6.0.1. Both of us are running stock Verizon ROMs (sadly).

Matt Derrick

Permanent Wanderer
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I sent an email to [email protected] as well, but I realized that I didn't include the device! As I said in the email, on my Android 6.0.1 HTC 10, I get "Network error" in (get_config) and the app crashes immediately. I am a backend developer for a company that makes apps, so if you want me to try to get more detailed debugging info, let me know what you might want, and I may be able to figure out how to get it for you. My partner gets the exact same error on a Droid Ultra 2 running Android 6.0.1. Both of us are running stock Verizon ROMs (sadly).

hey @wickedwench do you think you could go to the taptalk website and put in a bug report there? unfortunately i don't have much control over the app, so all i can do is forward bugs to the developers. if you're capable of getting some detailed debugging info (and don't mind taking the time to do so) im sure that would help a lot towards getting this working on your phones!

G

Grubblin

I closed my account
I downloaded the app three days ago and have never been able to get it to work. Same error every time

Network error, please try again.
(get_config)

It will send me notifications, about one a day. It still gives me the same error when I tap on the notification.

On a samsung J1.
Model # sch-1535
android version 4.4.2
kernel version 3.4.0
hardware I535.10

It's a stock prepaid POS. I just thought it was the phone bc it has more problems than I do and that's saying something. I'm not bitchin, just trying to help with the bugs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it was right after I downloaded the app. Good luck.

unrulywaunder

Rambler
Hey @Matt Derrick thanks for this app (and the website :D)!

Can you please post the APK of this app to the website so people who run android without Google Play Services (for better privacy) can instal it? We don't have access to the Google Play Store.

Edit: or if it's open source, adding it to the f-droid repo would be more secure/safe for users

Last edited:

PatchTwist

Rambler
I volunteer for tribute!
Downloading onto my Android as I type. Will update if anything is wrong. :)

N0MAD

Pilgrim
we discontinued the app and opted for a mobile theme to the website instead.
Thanks @Matt Derrick for the reply, I saw above that Tapatalk had been removed but hadn't realised that the STP app had also been removed. I downloaded the STP originally but didn't have enough memory for it so deleted it.

The mobile theme seems to work fine now, it's not as jerky as I remember has it been updated?

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Permanent Wanderer
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Thanks @Matt Derrick for the reply, I saw above that Tapatalk had been removed but hadn't realised that the STP app had also been removed. I downloaded the STP originally but didn't have enough memory for it so deleted it.

The mobile theme works seems to work fine now, it's not a jerky as I remember has it been updated?

Yeah a lot of people didn't realize that the StP app was just a branded version of the default Tapatalk app minus some of their bs (like ads). So it was basically the same app. Unfortunately it didn't work well for a lot of people, and people were rating it pretty low even tho there was nothing I could do to improve it. So I canceled the subscription for the app (it was costing us $10/mo) and reinvested into making the mobile version of the website faster.

One of the big investments was paying for a global content delivery network so files are loaded closer to where you are. This also combined a lot of the Javascript and improved file cashing which makes loading the website on mobile devices much less painful.

I'm not completely finished with all the optimizations I have planned for mobile, but the website is already rating a b+ on most benchmarking tools, whereas before we were a d or f. So, long version, but yes, great improvements to the mobile site, and there will be more to come.

PatchTwist

Rambler
I have been trying to get it up on my Android since my last reply, but to no avail. I get the same Error message that I see several others get.
EDIT: Oh, just read the latest reply about the Taptalk app. Ignore me. Should have read before posting lol

blumerang

I cant get the app to work on my android. keep gettin this when i try to login

Attachments

• 1496009421635-252274094.jpg
    1496009421635-252274094.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 140

blumerang

Yeah a lot of people didn't realize that the StP app was just a branded version of the default Tapatalk app minus some of their bs (like ads). So it was basically the same app. Unfortunately it didn't work well for a lot of people, and people were rating it pretty low even tho there was nothing I could do to improve it. So I canceled the subscription for the app (it was costing us $10/mo) and reinvested into making the mobile version of the website faster.

One of the big investments was paying for a global content delivery network so files are loaded closer to where you are. This also combined a lot of the Javascript and improved file cashing which makes loading the website on mobile devices much less painful.

I'm not completely finished with all the optimizations I have planned for mobile, but the website is already rating a b+ on most benchmarking tools, whereas before we were a d or f. So, long version, but yes, great improvements to the mobile site, and there will be more to come.[/QUOTE

anything I can do? i posted a pic ^^^

Status
This thread has been closed and cannot be replied to.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.