Cancelled / Rejected Need app testers for StP app (android & iOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
IF THE APP IS NOT WORKING FOR YOU, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR DEVICE, WHETHER IT'S IPHONE/ANDROID, OS VERSION (I.E. iOS 9, ANDROID 4.4), APP VERSION, AND WEATHER YOU'RE ON STOCK OR CUSTOM ROM (ANDROID ONLY). THANK YOU!

Hey folks, we finally have our apps approved in the itunes and google play stores, so i'm looking for people that want to update and test the new apps. here are the download links:

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.squattheplanetcom

iOS (aka iPhone/iPad):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/squat-the-planet/id1154384588?ls=1&mt=8

Just curious to see what user's experiences are like, and specifically if you see any ads while using the app.

thanks!

Last edited:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
android works well for me matt. I really like it so I can see stp headquarters now as well (could not before). Yay!!

Threads
Current Location
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
installed on Android phone just now and will install on Nexus 7 later for the full experience - first impressions good - nice intro screen when you open the app - easy to navigate and understand...... will report back after a proper fiddle with it.....

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
ive noticed (on android at least) that if you go into settings and turn on the dark theme it looks a lot like the black/green design we have on the desktop version of the site :)

Threads
Current Location
south of the Poconos
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Matt!! Thanks for all the work you do, man! This is awesome. I'm in the process of reviewing it now...

Threads
Current Location
Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
Reactions
93% 1% 5%
Notice a issue on ipad ... when you look at notification on app it does not remember that if you look at the website

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Notice a issue on ipad ... when you look at notification on app it does not remember that if you look at the website
i'm sorry could you clarify a bit? like do you mean it doesn't show the link has been visited?

Threads
Current Location
Reactions
93% 1% 5%
Well that's another thing...I just got 2 notifications one from the app other from the forum but yes it's not showing on the forum that I've already read the notification in the app

Sent from my iPad using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Well that's another thing...I just got 2 notifications one from the app other from the forum but yes it's not showing on the forum that I've already read the notification in the app

it might take a minute to sync up. and if you're using the mobile app i would probably suggest turning off email notifications on the desktop version of the website.

Threads
Current Location
Reactions
93% 1% 5%
A regular guest can not be expected to turn that off...easy to add a string of code to the beginning of the program and or forums .... just clicked a link by Viking Explorer that linked back to a section of the forum and it sees me as a guest in App

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
just clicked a link by Viking Explorer that linked back to a section of the forum and it sees me as a guest in App
can you point me to a specific thread with the link you're talking about?

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Jambo Organizer
Threads
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
https://squattheplanet.com/fest/

@Matt Derrick , it's likely this one. ^^^

It was on an introduction thread posted by a new user, Benjamin.
ah, okay, well, i don't have an iOS device to test on, but when i tap on it in the android app, i get the option to open the link with chrome, the stp app, or a few other apps. tapping on the stp app does in fact take you to the app's home page instead of the link. i'm still signed in though.

i know why this is occurring, but unfortunately there isn't anything i can do to fix it. i'll try and put in a feature suggestion on the tapatalk forums (people who make the app) though. fortunately this issue only affects a small handful of links. the majority (98% or so) should work fine.

my only advice for the time being is if this happens to you (a link takes you nowhere) try opening the link with your mobile web browser instead of the stp mobile app.

Threads
Current Location
Pittsburgh
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I'm an Android user. I get a network error every time I try to launch the app, while it's trying to connect to the server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.