Nashville to nola

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
I'm near the end of my tour and I'm heading home. Currently in Nashville and I'm gonna jump on the trace and head back to Louisiana.
Been doing this for 1,812miles alone and it would be cool to travel with someone. Anyone in or near Nashville or along the trace and wanna do a few miles with me?

Attachments

• 20161001_122244.jpg
    20161001_122244.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 316

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I can't join you but I'd really like to hear more about the route you took and what your experience was like?

Sent from my LG-H815 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
I started in Greensboro, headed to the coast and up to Philly. Hit Virginia beach, and Richmond for a few days on a count of the heat and needing to do some repairs, then D.C. for the Air and Space museum. I hung out in Philly for two weeks doing a little work, but not enough to keep me comfortable with the money I made.

Had a brother in nola send up a triple crank and some actual touring rims before I decided to head over Pittsburgh way. I peddled though Amish country and down into Maryland where I jumped on the C&O canal trail.
That connected with the GAP to Pitts where I kicked it for a week to see old friends and what not.

I left the burgh via the Montor rail trail and headed into Ohio making stops in Athens and Columbus. Getting out of Ohio was easy; they have the Ohio to Erie trail that connects Cincinnati to Cleveland, so it was pretty flat leaving the state. Kentucky and Tennessee are a different story though

Reactions: Dunedrifter

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads