Namaste from the North Dakota oil fields!

GaiaGoddess

Reaction score
I joined this forum because I am a gypsy at heart and always daydreaming about traveling, escaping, living cheaply, being free, etc. I am currently working my tail off in North Dakota. I have to drive 800 one way back home but I always stop at least once to stay along the way, cherishing every minute of my journey, even though I travel through the same cities every time. Probably next year when I have enough money saved up, I am going to quit and drive to all 48 contingent states, hopefully staying about a week in each one.

Looking forward to making new like minded friends here! :)

Reactions: Mankini and Kal

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
awesome! i have a friend out there that's been making mad loot spinning pizzas for all the people working in the oil fields out there. what are you driving? and do you have any bucket list things you wanna see when you're free to travel?

GaiaGoddess

Reaction score
Hi Matt! I am driving a 2008 Ford Escape, it gets pretty good gas mileage, I usually only have to fill it twice each one way trip.
As for what I wanna see and do, I want to make sure I hit a few specific cities like Sedona, AZ, Mount Shasta, the Florida Keys, NYC although i'd prefer to go there on New Years Eve and I don't want to do my trip in the winter time so I might save that for a seperate trip. I'd also like to see Ojai, Ca, and there was a city in NC that I heard was really cool, but now I forget what it was. Some city that is supposedly really spiritual/environmental.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mankini

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
cool deal, well i'm going to be settled down in portland for a while, so if you happen to roll through, hit me up :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads