My wife tells me Im insane!

railroadron

Reaction score
Hey all, I go by the name Railroad Ron and have been since 1984 when I hopped my first train at 14 years old after running away from home back in CA. The name was given me by an old timer by the name of Lonesome Walt who I d met in the BN yards of K-falls. Little did I know that even now at age 42 I d still be a hobo with a need to catch out and feel the wind even when it meant I must quit my job and leave my created family who never understood this phenomena of nomadism. Riding trains somehow balances me and feeds my quest for adventure. I cant tell you why I must ride but I can say adios! I ll see ya when I see ya! Some people tell me I run from success...what does that mean? Have I not married..raised kids and paid my fair share of taxes as well as paid my dues to society? Screw that..I am what I am and will go wherever I want when I want. Things are a lot different now than they were in the 80s and early 90s when things weren t Hot and you could ride SP and BN freely and openly for the most part..give or take a few hotspots. There were so many tramps then it was a society....now? I cant say I ve ever seen another traveler in the last few years..where are all ya ll at? I still ride..even though I now live in Atlanta I still make east-west coast trips ..having just come back.. And guess what? Im preparing to ride again cause my foot is itching and my wife thinks I m insane!!!

Who s ready?

• Sad
Reactions: Odin and Nailz
K

Kim Chee

Welcome, Ron. Better take your wife with you, maybe she can scratch your itchy foot.
Or better yet, she'll get the itch and you can take turns scratching each others feet.

A2low240

Professional Trespasser
Reaction score
My wife thinks I'm nuts but supports it and loves the stories when I'm back.

• Haha
Reactions: Nailz

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Sounds like a hell of a journey. Wish you nothing but safe travels friend and good luck.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads