my new instrument | Squat the Planet

my new instrument

acrata4ever

Reaction score
left hand is a bottleneck slide. its not permanent yet, you can see the muscle clamp moving causing the string to slack and thus a few mistakes. that electronic casio type drum sound is done by hitting the two by four with a dowel with rubber bands over it to make it a bouncy mallet. the scratching is a guitar pick made of a plastic coffee can lid. a dual pick like two clamped together on short peices of wood would be better a heavy pick for the string side and a really flimsy flappy thing for the washboard side. nails in the board with bottle cap jingles would also pickup and add some distortion. a small ceiling fan chain inside the can would also rattle. a cowbell? hmmm.

acrata4ever

Reaction score
yeah you need a 22mm (whatever size a bezim handle is) hole saw drill bit like this http://m2.sourcingmap.com/smapimg/en/n/10a/hex-wrench-22mm-hole-saw-tool-twist-drill-bit-57888n.jpg
you need a 5.56 mm drill bit for the tuning screw hole. and a small drill bit like the smallest to make a pilot hole. DD has the boxes. and more on the way. scavange fiets brake snares, gamma ondgrounden stuckjes, bezim or mop handles of hard wood. i can make the rest. oh and never pass a piezo buzzer up its the gold speaker thing inside electronics. ill get back with more.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads