Starting my journey today | Squat the Planet

Starting my journey today

Jwlthumbz

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hey everyone, long time lurker here. I'm in Seattle right now, gonna be hittin the road a little later with my board and 20 bucks. Gonna be hitchhiking to Montana, Yellowstone, then workin my way to cannon beach, from there down the coast, through the southwest and over to NC then NY. Thought maybe I'd share my gear list for a little critique, but it feels pretty good right now.
-Gregory z65 pack
-Down sleeping bag & lightweight pad
-Eureka ics2000 camo tent w/blackout rainfly
-Eno hammock
-3 shirts, 1 pair jeans, 1 pair shorts(worn) 3 underwear, 4 socks, marmot rain jacket
-Headlamp
-Small stove & fuel
-A couple pens/lighters/fat sharpie
-Small glass pipe
-Dslr & 50mm lens + pocket tripod and battery charger
-smartphone + charger
-Small first aid kit
-A few hygiene supplies & tiny micro towel
-Uv water purifier
-peanut butter, a couple Ramen, sausage, lots of water
That's pretty much it. Some of it probably wouldn't be needed but I'll be doing some wilderness backpacking from time to time. I'll be posting pics along the way. Thanks for reading, can't wait to give you all an update on my journey. Peace!
20150731111313206.jpg

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
oh no - that smiley button just put you over the pack weight limit! :p But seriously welcome officially and go and have fun and stay safe. And do keep us up on your travels!

Reactions: Road Hobbit
D

Deleted member 9332

I'd be careful carrying a glass piece, because in a lot of places they're considered illegal because they're "paraphernalia", besides that you seem very well read, and like you have a nice pack going. Also you might find you don't need your stove if you're gonna be around cities a bunch. Best of luck to you, I hope you have a great trip, safe travels!

Durp

Reaction score
Keep the pipe in your bag when you aren't indulging. If some one wants to search your bag tell them you don't do searches with out a warrant.

Reactions: Odin

Jwlthumbz

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Thanks a lot everyone! Definitely gettin excited. I think I'll be alright with the pipe, in the past I've been kicked down a fair amount of herb so I'm prob gonna want it handy :) Got rolling papers as well. I'll definitely be more cautious with that kind of stuff as I move East.. Prob just keep it in my sleeping bag (and obviously not consent to an illegal search). Thanks again!

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
avoid kansas & oklahoma, if possible.

still very 50ish in small towns..

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
montana, huh?

in ND.. missed yellowstone on the way up..

might be a good idea, since i'm heading out, too..
did around my posts.. my # is in there someplace..

travel safe, friend!

J

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads