My hitchhiking summer gear | Squat the Planet

My hitchhiking summer gear

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
Okay everyone I've been reading the great information on Stp and gathered everything ill need for this trip. Please comment anything i might have missed and or what you bring that is useful.

50+5 wasing backpack
One person tent
Sleeping bag
1 t shirt
1 pants
3 pair of socks
Muscle shirt
Hygiene kit
Little first aid kit
Sowing kit
Can opener
Muilt tool
Knife
Note pad
Electronic bag charger
case
Hoodie
Sun glasses
Flash light
Atlas
Hat

That's all i have right now. Do you see anything i might need or don't need. I just want somebody to see what i got since i can't find a road dog and im a noob at this. Thanks ahead of time.

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
-more socks
-bandanna/keffiyeh
-trash/plastic/sandwich bags
-duct/electrical tape
-lighter/matches
-Sharpie

Okay i have 4 sharpies now, i also have black tape around a lighter. But I'm going to get more tape. I'm going to get a bandanna at a gas station. I have sandwich bags and a trash bag now too.

Reactions: Testicool

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
A tarp comes in handy a lot.. if you don't have a tent or bivy sack. I prefer tarp over tent just so I can be more stealth
Yeah i have a one person tent. It's green and blends in. I think once i finish my trip ill figure out what i needed and didn't.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Okay everyone I've been reading the great information on Stp and gathered everything ill need for this trip. Please comment anything i might have missed and or what you bring that is useful.

50+5 wasing backpack
One person tent
Sleeping bag
1 t shirt
1 pants
3 pair of socks
Muscle shirt
Hygiene kit
Little first aid kit
Sowing kit
Can opener
Muilt tool
Knife
Note pad
Electronic bag charger
case
Hoodie
Sun glasses
Flash light
Atlas
Hat

That's all i have right now. Do you see anything i might need or don't need. I just want somebody to see what i got since i can't find a road dog and im a noob at this. Thanks ahead of time.

Aaron - you are awesome for doing your research and using the info provided by the many peoples here - I soo hope all works for you and it's a great trip. I too have to do some research and look at my gear as I may or may not have some plans. Have fun!

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
Aaron - you are awesome for doing your research and using the info provided by the many peoples here - I soo hope all works for you and it's a great trip. I too have to do some research and look at my gear as I may or may not have some plans. Have fun!
Yeah now all i Have is pre trip jitters

D

Deleted member 2626

Who seriously wears sunscreen? I haven't worn it since I was forced as a child. I burn once once and awhile but stay tan. Get the sun burn feel that pain and your skin will callus to it. It's chemicals the sun marinades into your flesh.

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
Who seriously wears sunscreen? I haven't worn it since I was forced as a child. I burn once once and awhile but stay tan. Get the sun burn feel that pain and your skin will callus to it. It's chemicals the sun marinades into your flesh.

I agree, sun screen is not necessary and adds weight plus it can leave a scum on your skin that picks up dirt even faster than just sweating. A good wide-brim hat and long sleeves can go a long way to preventing sun burns. I have spent a lot of time in the tropics with a good hat that prevented my face and neck from getting burnt. I have also gotten sun poisoning when I was a kid in South Carolina, that sucked since I pretty much had to stay inside or in the shade.

N

Notmyname

So you've already hit the road, but I'm just now seeing this. Commenting for visibility since this is my favorite pack list so far. Lots of people post asking what to bring and I like this. I like to pack light haha. If you over pack you'll end up ditching gear(which can be hard if it's expensive or you have an attachment to it) if you under pack you'll pick up gear. so yeah I'm gonna just comment in hope that more people read this one.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads