My first hitchhicking journey. | Squat the Planet

My first hitchhicking journey.

Reaction score
I was 16 years old and grew tired of the same old boring summer days at my house. So, I decided that that night I was going to walk to my grandparents house. About 15 minutes away by car. I don't know how long it took me, but by the time I navigated the twisting country roads, I realized I still wasn't tired. So, to the next town, I thought. Walking down a more main road, took me another hour or so. It was about 4am, yet still wasn't tired. I wondered if I could get someone to take me to the nearest city, an hour away by car. I sat on an exit ramp until someone decided to give me one. This dude was driving a beat up Wind star van and said he could take me to the North Side of Cincinnati. I have lived there since, but at the time I literally never been in a city by myself. So, I wandered around, completely lost, until I found a map and walked to Covington, Ky. Where I was pretty sure my Aunt lived. I found her house and ended up sleeping on her front stoop till she got home. Probably one of the best nights of my life.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads