My destinations I am set on: | Squat the Planet

My destinations I am set on:

Reaction score
  • New Orleans, Louisiana
  • Memphis, Tennessee (Smoky Mountains and Cades Cove area as well.)
  • Annapolis, Maryland
  • Arkansas
  • San Diego and Los Angeles, California (BECAUSE WHY NOT!)
  • Salem and Portland, Oregon
  • Seattle, Washington
  • Salida and Denver, Colorado
My desire to venture out for the sake of letting my restless soul seek peace with the outdoors. Camping and etc.
Destinations that hold close friends.
Cities to seek out new friends through the wide range of genres.

I live in my journal writing and I am wanting more dedication involved through traveling.

Reactions: BluntmAn
D

Deleted member 20

Welcome, I would suggest that you read a bunch of whats on here before you set out. I have noticed that when I travel, the road tends to dictate what I do, where I go etc. I usually start out with an event & or destination. Since I don't normally have an infinite amount of time to travel I tend to be very flexible. Hitching & hopping require loads of patience, a solid skillset, common sense & a bunch of luck.

Road dawgs are often a double edged sword. They provide a comfort level & sense of security at times. At other times I hear & see the Blind Leading the Blind stories where as 2,3+ young travelers are all on a mission to gain experience & rack up miles. You will encounter lots of people with certain traits, habbits & beliefs that don't mash with what you think is right, want to do, when to go & what method to get there. I would just be clear about who you are, your experience, what you are into etc but also don't be too afraid going out solo. If you think about it, you can only depend on yourself, your instincts & past experiences. Road dawgs come & go.

I realize that you are motivated to go start your adventure & I wish you luck. Please crawl before you walk so to speak. Some traincore kids will swear by riding trains for street cred or whatever. I personally am intermodal & not against rideshares (electronic hitchhiking), buying megabus or other inexpensive tix (including airfare), I hitchhike & hop trains as well. I would advise that you remain patient & be prepared to walk & make your own luck at times often changing plans & direction in order to accomplish your goals. At times you will be forced by nature, the authorities or just a really appealing offer in a different direction that becomes your new destination. At some point maybe i'll travel full time again but who knows. I notice that you haven't mentioned on how you plan to travel. You may not even want to ride trains, maybe you have a car, rv, bike etc or just are just planing on hitching.

Since you are already in the south you are geographically in the place most of us dream & plan to go every winter. Don't take that for granted & try to aquire some good gear so you are safe & comfortable regardless of what mother nature hands you.

Good luck again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't help but assume via your profile picture you have. Do you partake in any fire performing? Fire eating was my forte for the longest.

Yes yes, would be grand to run into each other. Eager to meet others.

DonnyDerelict

Reaction score
I haven't actually met any other travelers yet.. Then again, I haven't been able to travel for longer than four days at a time, but soon that's gonna change! Planning on heading out indefinitely starting early March. :D As for fire play, I've never performed for anything formal. Just friends and people's kids. But I've been breathing fire for fun for a while now. I'd love to try eating sometime. =]

Reactions: Grav3yardgirl89
Reaction score
Yes. Fire eating is simply. It's a grand idea to take all skills to the road for some pocket money. Where are you thinking of going when you hit the road? From where?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads