My Day In the Life in Chiang Mai, Thailand WITH PRICES - VIDEO (1 Viewer)

trickdaley

Wanderer
Website
www.truetransient.com
I'm living in Chiang Mai, Thailand and focusing on building my freelance graphic design business. Here is a video of my daily activities along with the prices of my general purchases.

Let me know what you think, any questions, etc.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Dmac

Nomad
Those are some good prices! I don't think you have been there a month yet, but can you estimate what your monthly expenses will cost? also, how long can you stay there on your passport? I was surprised everything is cheaper ( in some cases like your monthly rent, much cheaper) but the Bowling. In Omaha it's $5 for 3 sets. weird.

trickdaley

Wanderer
Website
www.truetransient.com
Those are some good prices! I don't think you have been there a month yet, but can you estimate what your monthly expenses will cost? also, how long can you stay there on your passport? I was surprised everything is cheaper ( in some cases like your monthly rent, much cheaper) but the Bowling. In Omaha it's $5 for 3 sets. weird.

I've been here two months now. My monthly expenses are probably around $300, that's a ball park estimate though as I havent actually calculated.

I have a three month tourist visa, 9 days left but I am able to renew for $40 at the mall here for another 30 days.

Yeah some things are cheaper, some things are pretty comparable to the USA. Food is very cheap, but one beer is more expensive than a whole plate of food.

SEMICHRIST

Wanderer
Website
thesemichrist.wordpress.com
dude. so up in the hills above Chiang Mai, there is an incredible temple nestled in the woods on a waterfall. not the main one on the mountain top (doi suthep?). I was trying to get to the main one on a scooter and just drove up the mountain as far as I could go. eventually I ended up at a dead end that was at the base of a huge radio tower of some sort. you should be able to see the radio tower on the hill looking west from town. just get to the base of the radio tower and nearby a trail will start uphill (edit: hiking trail. you gotta walk from here on out). after a bit it will start to branch confusingly but follow the orange monk robes that have been tied to the trees. after a while you'll be rewarded with a super peaceful nature monastery overlooking the town and built on a waterfall. hands down the best temple I've been to outside of Burma. there were very few people there when I went.

SEMICHRIST

Wanderer
Website
thesemichrist.wordpress.com
this was taken there
FB_IMG_1454789438639.jpg

trickdaley

Wanderer
Website
www.truetransient.com
dude. so up in the hills above Chiang Mai, there is an incredible temple nestled in the woods on a waterfall. not the main one on the mountain top (doi suthep?). I was trying to get to the main one on a scooter and just drove up the mountain as far as I could go. eventually I ended up at a dead end that was at the base of a huge radio tower of some sort. you should be able to see the radio tower on the hill looking west from town. just get to the base of the radio tower and nearby a trail will start uphill (edit: hiking trail. you gotta walk from here on out). after a bit it will start to branch confusingly but follow the orange monk robes that have been tied to the trees. after a while you'll be rewarded with a super peaceful nature monastery overlooking the town and built on a waterfall. hands down the best temple I've been to outside of Burma. there were very few people there when I went.
I must go there!!! Im leaving in a week, im going to try to make this trip. Thanks for sharing buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $90.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $90.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.