My 4 month long road trip comes to an end in tucson, az

Jo3k1n9

Reaction score
I've zigzagged, back and forth, across America for the past four months broke, without knowing my license were suspended the whole time, and barely any of my journey was legitimately funded. I'm not particularly proud of how it was financed but it was all worth it if only because I found out I feel more at home on the road, sleeping at truck stops, and in walmart parking lots than I ever did sitting in one place with what's supposed to be "family". Not many people can understand the feeling I got after finishing a drive from Atlantic city, NJ to Long beach, CA (coast to coast) relying solely on the security flaws of corporate America. After all the risks I took and What seems like a life time worth of driving I got pulled over for riding in the left lane and my car got towed for not having a license.
16020 miles, 43 states in 134 days with no license

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
SO... you OK though? I'm sure you got an aggrivated something there for no license and some costs for car towed etc. Was kitty traveling with you? But are you OK? @Jo3k1n9

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
The way you typed this up is ironically funny but Its totally believeable you made it so far. I haven't had a licance for a couple years, intentionally and i lived in a van a car a bus and drove them all lol. They tow your car if you don't have a licance in Arizona? Rough.

Last edited:

Jo3k1n9

Reaction score
Well I was actually in Illinois on my way to NY, I was trying to see all the lower 48 and I missed ny when I was on the east coast so when I got to California I pretty much just dropped my brother off and turned around. I'm pretty sure most states will let you get a licensed driver to come get your car for you before they tow it. The cop was being an asshole right from the start Tho I tried to talkmy way into being able to drive off or just have him leave the car there so someone could come get it cause I definatly didn't have money for tow bill but I ended up having too catch a bus back to tucson where I have a steady 9 to 5 and in probably just going to let them keep the car because it's already up to like 600$ to get it out

Jo3k1n9

Reaction score
SO... you OK though? I'm sure you got an aggrivated something there for no license and some costs for car towed etc. Was kitty traveling with you? But are you OK? @Jo3k1n9
Cats great she rode in a carrier case on the bus with me. And no it was just a driving with no license. It wasn't actually suspended I already paid fines I just forgot to pay the reinstatement fee at the dmv

Reactions: Prophetess333

jimmyf

Reaction score
speaking of flaws in the American system... I learned in school that you can supposedly get your car out of tow yards for free if you threaten to call the police for theft. I only know of one person to do it like 8 years ago, and she was pretty hot, so I don't know if it's true or not...

Jo3k1n9

Reaction score
The police were the ones that had it towed, the town I was in didnt have a impound yard so they just use the local tow company. But I did get some decent news today, they cant put the car up for auction without paying off the loan I have on it first so there cutting me a deal.

Reactions: jimmyf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads