mosquitos and bugs

Chro

Reaction score
For mosquitoes, eat less salt, use unscented products, keep dry, lessen sweet foods intake (sugar/fruits), and wear dark colors. These little things will HELP prevent mosquitoes, but not 100% of the time, and many may be out of your control at any one moment.

Supposedly vinegar works when lightly applied to the skin, I have also heard peppermint oil works, garlic (when eaten) prevents the little bitches as well.

Finally smoke prevents mosquitoes to a degree, so if you smoke then you have that, if not then just burn some incense.

Geoff

Reaction score
I have also heard peppermint oil works

damn straight. that shit saved my life after the last hurricane rolled through here. The mosquito is my #1 enemy. it is the only creature i can say i truely hate. Also carrying bounce dryer sheets on your clothing (or simply rubbing them on your clothes and skin) can keep the little bastards off ya'. But peppermint oil is the best bug spray I've ever used. you can steal it really easily from Whole Foods Market if there's one near you.

Reactions: outskirts

Geoff

Reaction score
yeah i just chain smoke cigarettes.

too bad i don't smoke, cigarettes anyway. i just always had a small fire going inside my squat when the mosquitos were bad. or stole shit loads of incents. I guess you could say i chain smoked blunts in those days (or should i say 'daze'), seeing as how weed is so cheap down here. lol

Dmac

Reaction score
i use cutter skinsations, with aloe and vitamin e. it is cheap, and doesn't stink like most bug sprays, most importantly, it does not leave your skin all oily. ya can get it cheap at a doller store, cheaper if ya pocket it.

also, know it sounds wierd, but fabric softener sheets (for the dryer) like downey work very well, smell good too. ya just have to re apply more often.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
When I was in the woods up in Maine, I got bitten so much that my body got used to it and ignored it. When I finally got out, I actually had mosquito bite withdrawal, my skin felt tingly all over!

Reactions: ipoPua

Geoff

Reaction score
i wish i could say the same. I hate mosquitoes so much and down here there are west nile scares so i'm the type to slap at every mosquito i see. I'm the great mosquito hunter.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
skin so soft is supposed to work well. i think it stinks too, but nothing beats bug dope.

Poe Boy

Reaction score
I eat garlic like other people eat salt.

That and a big ass nasty cigar and the little fuckers steer a wide path around me.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Patchouli does work fairly well. Smoking works to an extent; cigars more than cigarettes.

When I slept by a river in Richmond, my exposed skin (hands, lower back, but not face) were COVERED with bites. Probably around a thousand (no joke) total. Statistically speaking, I should have West Nile or some mosquito-carried disease.

After that, bites don't bother me much at all. Haha.

I

IBRRHOBO

skin so soft is supposed to work well. i think it stinks too, but nothing beats bug dope.

Dead on. Works so good that the USMC made a contract w/Avon for the formula and cuts it w/DEET. We were using it in Operation Just Cause when I was in Panama back in the 90's.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Yea I was checking it out in Dicks sporting good the cartridge only last like 6 hours or something like that but it works for 250 and they look easy enough to steal...

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Someone told me that eucalyptus oil worked well for her, although it didn't smell so great itself... I will use cedar essence on myself every now and then.

wartomods

Reaction score
someone told me that tobacco smoke keeps mosquitos aways , but i continue to ruin my lungs and see no effects, ahahaha.
Not too related, but can anyone confirme if tobacco smoke can keep wild animals away, when in the wilderness. I got this wolf phobia

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Hey all,

I get eaten alive !
I'm starting to think it's my Pheromones (I'm female).

I was still getting eaten alive when I stopped eating sugar/sweetners, fruit
when I did an anti candida/fungus diet...........

I get really bad infections when I get bit too, I can't win !
And I get detmatistus real bad if i use perfumes, etc.

So !
I've recently been eating a shit load of rawuncooked garlic with every meal,
and it's been working great.
It's also helping to cure my really bad foot fungus that's been getting infected,
which has been happily unexpected !
Good luck

Linda

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads