Completed / Resolved Question Moderator approval....

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
It seems like everytime i post something there is a notice with a little blue crest/shield thing saying that the post is not visible until moderator approval. Is this a new norm or are there other specific reasons for i happening? I dont like it. Not that all postings are time sensitive but some things could be like a post in the untrustworthy people thread. Or couldnt the timeline get screwed up? Like are every single posts going through this filtering? Thats seems like a huge waste of time.

Threads
Current Location
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
You'll have to wait for a mod to get a real answer, but I figure the fact that this got up is a good sign!

Shwillam

Previously NotSoSirius
Threads
Current Location
591-599 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94610, USA
Reactions
95% 1% 4%
I think all the posts in the untrustworthy ppl need mod approval for good reason. Other than that what threads are you talking about in specific? I ask because I haven’t had this problem

OP
OP
NotmybestNotmyworst

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Yea, i dunno. I just poated two other things that didnt seem ti have the same "hold" so maybe some threads have different sensitivities...? But yea. Thanks :) If youve read this thats a good sign for sure. Ha

OP
OP
NotmybestNotmyworst

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
It is possible my posts were both in the untrustworthy people section. So that makes sense.

Last edited:

EphemeralStick

HoMoBo HoBoMo
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
San Jose
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I think all the posts in the untrustworthy ppl need mod approval for good reason. Other than that what threads are you talking about in specific? I ask because I haven’t had this problem
@NotmybestNotmyworst NotSoSirius is correct. The Untrustworthy forum is regulated so that it doesn't turn into a shit talking fest.

That being said only posts that contribute information will be approved.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
It seems like everytime i post something there is a notice with a little blue crest/shield thing saying that the post is not visible until moderator approval. Is this a new norm or are there other specific reasons for i happening? I dont like it. Not that all postings are time sensitive but some things could be like a post in the untrustworthy people thread. Or couldnt the timeline get screwed up? Like are every single posts going through this filtering? Thats seems like a huge waste of time.
Yes, the untrustworthy section is the only forum area that currently requires moderator approval to prevent it from becoming a place where folks can just sling shit on one another without any kind of proof. Also, it's not a place for people to voice their opinions on a situation posted there if it does not directly involve them, so posts that don't contribute information about the situation related to the thread or just 'here's my opinion' posts maybe not be approved and be deleted without notice.

This is clearly stated in the forum area description.

If you have posts disappearing in any other section, that would definitely not be correct, and you should definitely let us know.