Might Have Some Spaces On Road Trip UK-India

sparkandstir

Reaction score
:crew:

Ok... so I've been trying to get by land to India for a while, and finally I've come up with a proper plan. No more will my trips end up sleeping in Slovenian train stations without even the money for a coffee! Basically, I'm going to do an intensive driving course in January, buy an old diesel land rover which can work with biodiesel, a caravan and take all of the things neccessary for a bit of a travelling roadshow, a generator, soundsystem and materials for making chai.

There will perhaps be some spaces in said Land Rover for any sincere brothers and sisters who wish to make a trip or pilgrimage that way. Preferably you must be courageous, interesting and interested in discovering and creating beauty, be able to deal with Beethoven often playing on the stereo (though this not by any means all that will be playing of course)... and generally be a relatively decent hopefully somewhat humble and thoughtful person/couple or whatever interested in travelling for discovery, wisdom and revolutionary living rather than just to get drunk at every place you can and never really meet the locals and understand the culture. Personally I'm pretty into Tibetan Buddhism, and so will be heading for Ladakh and Dharamasala.

Hopefully we can go through Iran and other such interesting places on the way. I am currently a university anthropology student, but wish to study this in a way somewhat more meaningful than by books - the living life is what's important. There are evident social, spiritual and political implications and orientations to this whole trip - making a little world outside Babylon, a real gyspy sort of life free from attachment and with lots of simple joy.

If you can drive, fix cars, play a musical instrument, know how to make useful diy stuff and don't mind a bit of hard work to survive in a rootsy as much as possible money-free sort of way, that would be good. Anyway, if your interested drop me an email and we can chat more.

Shantih Shantih Shantih

callum5446@hotmail.co.uk

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
uhhh... yes.
I'm in Paris right now, heading to Denmark for December, going back to Barcelona a bit in January, then out of plans...
This sounds like an amazing opportunity.
Kylemfwelch@spaz.org

bote

Reaction score
sounds like a great trip... A friend of mine hitched through the middle east a couple years ago and told me that it is a little time consuming getting your visas straight for places like Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq...
So although you probably already know this, just thought I´d remind you not to put off getting the paperwork done, because it could throw all your plans off at the last minute.

XtremXpert

Reaction score
Sent you an email. I'll be in Paris-Beauvais tomorrow, I think I'll spend this winter with helpx.net hosts, but anyway, don't have any other plans. I would like to go on a pilgrimage like this one. Answer to my email to chat more. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads