mexico anyone hopped into mexico | Squat the Planet

mexico anyone hopped into mexico

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Hey all looking to head into mexico. Any ideas of how to get in other than crossing the boarder? Not really worried bout coming back!!!!!!!!!

kai

Reaction score
dude I was in Mexico two and a half months before I realised that I needed to have stop at the border and talk to mexican customs...I wanted to leave though so I had to sort that out but dude, it's mexico it's not a hard place to sneak into, but there are lots of random checkpoints where you may be asked to show your passport and FMT (tourist card) but if you are travelling via train it won't be a problem. I don't know how your planning on surviving there if you don't want to return to state side but if you want some more general info on the country (excluding trains i know nothing) pm me...

Reactions: Nomadicinquiries

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Know Ive been thinking bout flying my Jolly Roger for a little while here and get the hell on!!!! Maybe head down to Mexico city and shoot tar till I'm blue in the face!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAA

Reactions: robin banks

kai

Reaction score
i don't know about hopping into mexico much but I heard it's possible and easy in Nogales, also once your in Juarez across from el paso you can catch south to Chihuaha City and head to Mexico City, although I have no clue where you'll end up in Mexico City or how you could get into a cooler part but it is the world's second largest city so I'm sure you'll make friends, it's reputation is true for being a gigantic sketchy dangerous place but I never had any problems and I had an easy time making friends and finding places to stay. take a guitar it's a good way to attract positive attention and sometimes negative attention from banditos.

Mexico is fun, ignore the warnings.

Reactions: robin banks

Geoff

Reaction score
i live in edinburg texas about 10 miles north of reynosa. If i'm not mistaken there are no trains that cross the border down here. there's also no way around the checkpoints going north of here, even if you're hitching you're gonna be stopped and asked for your ID. There are no trains that run out of here either. All the rails in the RGV (rio grande valley) are local and don't go very far. This is all just to keep immigrants from going north.

robin banks

Reaction score
Brownsville, Larado, Presidio, Eagles pass, El Paso, Noglaes, Mexicali. Pick 1. El paso and nogales are, in my opinion a little harder. never been thru brownsville or larado. Eagles pass is lit up like a fucking Christmas tree. always on the fly and Mexican customs really ain't that worried. usually a 20 works but sometimes they roll u for some gear. I was planning on crossing in larado n hopping to mexico city but me n my girl broke up and don't wanna go alone. hit me up if you're down

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
been in and out of mexico many time (fair enough, last time was 2008...) maybe its different?)
Anyway, I wouldnt bother hopping in, or crossing most international borders by freight unless needed. Like Kai said, its likely you can just cross the border on foot and never see customs. I was controlled one time out of many, and they only took a saw from my friend (which was used for music, but was actually just a cheap carpenters saw).

Raging Bird

Reaction score
Website
www.ragingbirdofyouth.tumblr.com
Every time I've crossed the Mexican border I've noticed that security is different between night and day. Never had a passport checked during the day. Never even stopped. I go to border towns and pay $4 for a bus to the closest Mexican city. Reynosa, Matamoros, Nogales, Nuevo Progresso, wherever. Walk in the park. At night, they will check your passport, ask where you're going, and pretty much leave it at that. Harder to get back into America but still pretty fucking easy.

shabti

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads