mental health

K

kokomojoe

Is anyone else really concerned about their mental health? Lately I've been feeling like i'm starting to lose my mind and I don't know what to do about it. I know if I were to go to a doctor they would just prescribe some type of antidepressant and even if they helped, I don't see it as a way of fixing the problem. If anyone has any advice or knows where I'm coming from, I'd really appreciate the feedback.

morse

Reaction score
know when you're coming from. Been dealing with dissociative disorder for almost two years now, which definitely makes you feel like you're losing your mind. hang in there, holler at me if you need to talk or have questions

Reactions: ByronMc

dprogram

Reaction score
I've had times where I thought I was losing my mind...and maybe I was...maybe I did. What do you mean by losing your mind? Are you seeing and hearing things in a schizophrenic way? Mood swings? Or just down and that's making you feel a bit nutty? When I get down I find myself getting lost inside my own thoughts like I'm thinking myself into a hole...digging deeper and deeper. If that's the case I'd suggest my favorite cure all for what ails the mind and it's definitely not alcohol. In fact I'd avoid it if you don't already since alcohol is a depressant. Smoke some herbs and sit outside. Find something to occupy your mind and keep doing it until you can either get to the root of what's bugging you and you find a solution or realize that it was never a big problem in the first place. Talking about that shit with people who know you well always helps too! Good luck man!

K

kokomojoe

I'm not seeing or hearing shit, I imagine that would just be awful. It's just been mood swings and thinking too much. I've always been like this but lately it seems like it's gotten worse. It's as if every negative emotion has been enhanced. Basically, I don't know what to do with my life and there's so many paths I could take and finding the right one is proving to be more difficult than expected.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Is anyone else really concerned about their mental health? Lately I've been feeling like i'm starting to lose my mind and I don't know what to do about it. I know if I were to go to a doctor they would just prescribe some type of antidepressant and even if they helped, I don't see it as a way of fixing the problem. If anyone has any advice or knows where I'm coming from, I'd really appreciate the feedback.
Looks like you have taken a big step,towards helping yourself,asking for help ! In order for me to feel ok with myself,had to get completely clean & sober ! I had given up alcohol,many times,for spans of at least 5 years,but still smoked pot ! I'd end up drinking again,finally,had to come to terms with my addictions,and move forward! To remain clean,had to change myself,to do that,had to take a good hard look at what has gone on in my life,then some how come to terms with it !

K

kokomojoe

I drink every now and then but really not too often. It got to the point where whenever I'd drink I would just cry for no reason. It didnt happen every time I drank, but just randomly. I smoke weed religiously though and I'm sure if I quit, even for a little while, I could clear my mind enough to come to terms with problems and life.

Nomadfrom82

Reaction score
Hey man im with nook all the way, get some nodules smoke em up and just analize the situation in a different way, dude im 30 and I still dont know what the fuck im doing, I over analize things untill I almost drive myself crazy. Just know if you stay a decent person things will all work out in the end... At least thats what I keep telling myself lol. If u ever need to vent pm me its all good, ive embraced my crazy, but it took many a long years to be able to understand myself and my rapid cycling moods. Hope everything works out n really dont hesitate to pm me, im always been great at givin advice just not so great on taking it! Peace brother

K

kokomojoe

I appreciate all the support. It's nice to have the comfort of knowing there's people willing to listen to all my problems and shit lol

Nomadfrom82

Reaction score
Dude to be human is to have "problems n shit" lol
At least your saying something, I bottle all my shit up for months than usually hit something so hard I break my hand almost every time haha at least I dont hit faces anymore lol. Think of it this way, when your at the bottom there is nowhere to go but up

Reactions: wildwerden

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
Whether you talk to friends, talk online, to a therapist, change your diet, change your drinking/drug intake, exercise or you take anti-depressants, It's all the same. You're just changing brain chemistry.

It's fucked up to realize that everything we think we are is just a complex but arbirtrary mixture of chemical molecules and ultimately atoms. But really it's all pretty damn funny.

morse

Reaction score
meditate. seriously if you practice mindfulness meditation, it can really help you to learn how to clear your head. I thought it sounded kooky and shit before i started meditating but it's awesome. you learn to be more present in the moment and clear your head

D

Deleted member 5971

Whether you talk to friends, talk online, to a therapist, change your diet, change your drinking/drug intake, exercise or you take anti-depressants, It's all the same. You're just changing brain chemistry.

It's fucked up to realize that everything we think we are is just a complex but arbirtrary mixture of chemical molecules and ultimately atoms. But really it's all pretty damn funny.
oh the nihilism. but its true..

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
It took over 35 years of taking using,for me to finally wake up. A true friend,had to pull some serious shit on me,to get me to see, I owe her my life,cause if I had not , I'd be dead right now,but instead,I'm alive,and going to be 56 in a month ! Been There,Wrecked That !

Reaction score
breathe consciously, deeply, filling every space of your lungs as slowly as possible, breathing out even more slowly and completely. do this whenever you can, preferably outside in the woods or by a body of water. i strongly suggest ayurvedic food/medicine, at least look into it. Thich Nhat Hanh said "there is no way to happiness, happiness is the way"

scatwomb

Reaction score
In my experience, the best thing to do is to eat healthy, get on a healthy/consistant sleep schedule, minimize intake of any chemicals (caffienne, narcotics, alcohol, etc.) and have regular conversations with peers.

Someone also mentioned mindfulness meditation, or vipassanna. This also helped me a lot when I was dealing with anxiety and depression a while ago. Living and breathing in the moment and fully accepting any feelings, no matter how severe or banal they seem, helps too.

Reactions: barbuchon and morse
P

Pheonix

I'm not seeing or hearing shit, I imagine that would just be awful. It's just been mood swings and thinking too much. I've always been like this but lately it seems like it's gotten worse. It's as if every negative emotion has been enhanced. Basically, I don't know what to do with my life and there's so many paths I could take and finding the right one is proving to be more difficult than expected.

That sounds like an Anxiety Disorder. They normally prescribe Valium, Xanax or Klonopin to treat anxiety attacks. Weed and alcohol are also effective at slowing down your thought process. But with all chemicals they effect everyone differently.

This disorder is commonly described as having a mind that goes at a mile a minute and just wont stop. If this sounds like you then getting your mind to slow down is next to impossible without drugs. But this disorder isn't entirely a bad thing, you just need to keep focused on something positive cause when you focus on something negative then the negativity consumes you and that's when this disorder becomes debilitating. You just need to stay focused on something that makes you happy. (yes I know that's easier said then done)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads