Meandering The Mojave | Squat the Planet

Meandering The Mojave

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
Definitely gonna hit the slabs for the first time soon, and probably go explore Angeles forest while visiting people in LA but man the Mojave is just magical to me in its desolation. Besides some of the more typical stuff, and all the eco tourism abound what sort of cool spots are there in and around that you guys know of?

I think it was Baker or Barstow I heard there's a ton of abandoned houses, was looking to go squat for awhile probs with a buddy. There's some bomb ass ghost towns out there, but h'oh boy the water hauling would be a new one out there say by Ludlow. From what I've seen there's some cabins and other small ghost towns bordering LA county as well.

But yeah if you got any suggestions would be awesome thanks!

40oz in a rut

Reaction score
I stay a half hour from barstow in apple valley theres Deep Creek Hotsprings you can squat at as long as you want with plenty of people giving out food and drugs id your a cool guy. If you end up coming thru apple valley or victorville let me know ill buy lunch and a beer

Sent from my LGLS991 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
I stay a half hour from barstow in apple valley theres Deep Creek Hotsprings you can squat at as long as you want with plenty of people giving out food and drugs id your a cool guy. If you end up coming thru apple valley or victorville let me know ill buy lunch and a beer

Sent from my LGLS991 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

Sounds awesome, will check it out when I'm heading out!

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
Be careful with Baker. Not much going on there. Hard to fly too. Barstow has a few good truck stops but there's a dozen or so travelers at any given time.

Baker prone to go deliverance at any time?

• Haha
Reactions: Pikey Pete
K

Kim Chee

I never really could understand what could be so interesting about Mojave even though I've caught in and out a couple times.

You can get a bus ride to Bakersfield for pretty cheap when it is time to leave since the trains passing through are moving pretty good.

Heath Bar

Reaction score
4325 Maryland St, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
I never really could understand what could be so interesting about Mojave even though I've caught in and out a couple times.

You can get a bus ride to Bakersfield for pretty cheap when it is time to leave since the trains passing through are moving pretty good.
The Mojave is labled a desert but is exploading with life everywhere you look. Because of the elevation the stars at night are more impressive than anywhere else i have ever seen. Little known fact, The mojave has the biggest collection of Joshua Trees in the world. no joke. The Mojave has more joshuas then Joshua! You can also find a wide variety of birds, a few different rattlers and sidewinders, and there are supposed to be bobcats but if you can see one of those then you really got some skills. I wouldnt worry about squating in one of the towns on the ende of mojave. just go in, and camp where ever you want. no one will bother you and you will discover some awesome shit.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads