Mcdonald's Receipt trick (1 Viewer)

Current Location
Chicago
I'm sure this is well known, but I'd like to get it out there. Mcdonald's has these codes on their reciepts that allow you to do a survey online to get a buy one get one free sandwich. All you have to do is find a receipt from the trash, do the survey online with the code on the reciept, and boom you get a free sandwich.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Engineer J Lupo

the most derailingest mod.
Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
I'm sure this is well known, but I'd like to get it out there. Mcdonald's has these codes on their reciepts that allow you to do a survey online to get a buy one get one free sandwich. All you have to do is find a receipt from the trash, do the survey online with the code on the reciept, and boom you get a free sandwich.
Yeah you can't really call it a "free sandwich" because it's not free, it's half price basically and you're purchasing the other one at half price as well. To call it free, one should be able to go into the establishment with zero dollars and zero cents and walk out with something.

Current Location
i frequented mcdonalds a lot when i was off and on homeless..it was like the only place to use the restroom which is unfortunate bc it becomes a biohazard in the streets..big cities really should invest in porter pottys. NYC did just that at one time but gangs began to charge people to use them which is so lame. Keep the reciepts also for the restroom codes although they change them often. Cheapest option if u have to buy something to use the stalls(they legit have security guard officers that check reciepts) is to buy a large fountain soda for 1.09 but alas,it makes you wanna pee more. Sometimes i would just give the guard 5 bucks to use the john everyday. I hope chicago is treating you alright. if u get short on cash you shouldbegin to work for postmates,u can be a messenger on foot but u have to have a bank account and u dont really get many deliveries unless u have a bike. If u have a cycle you can easily make 100 dollars a day plus tips but they run u rancid

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Current Location
Brunswick, Georgia
As @Engineer J Lupo explained, not every fast food restaurant will guarantee you actual free food because you have to buy something, like literally. So here's my take on this:

Instead of McDumpster's, you're better off with actual free food from Chick Fil A because that is where I been getting mine lately. If you trash-pick any of their receipts that have an unclaimed code, go straight to their survey and complete it because their codes expire within 48 hours after it's given. A square-shaped QR code will be sent to your email address within the next several hours (so be patient), and that code can be scanned at the counter. Make sure your disable your smartphone's "auto-rotate" feature or you may have a hard time scanning the code - you can turn the feature back on afterwards.

If you want to have a better grip on Chick Fil A's QR codes, it is best to get a Gmail account and make sure you have that account tied in with the Google app on your Android. If you enable notifications, the email message titled "A treat on us" should pop right up and it is ready to scan.

Last edited:
Current Location
Find Food - Greater Chicago Food Depository - https://www.chicagosfoodbank.org/find-food/ heres a website for chicago food pantries and hot meals if you find yourself running low on funds in the windy city. It can be time consuming to wait in line at these places but i rarely ever buy food on my escursions. A quick google search of food pantries in your local area usually always pays off and most of the time they usually do not request any form of identification

BradKajukenbo

Rambler
Current Location
Redding, California
Its the same with Burger King, you go online and take the survey, at the end of the survey they give you a code number you write on your receipt. You get a free whooper when you buy one.

Edit- I just got back from Burger King 🍔🍟
67126986_458675111346774_6793299009864728576_n-jpg.52313_Mcdonald's Receipt trick_Making a Living_Squat the Planet_6:13 PM

Last edited:

LuckyMinnie

Lurker
Current Location
El Paso, TX
i frequented mcdonalds a lot when i was off and on homeless..it was like the only place to use the restroom which is unfortunate bc it becomes a biohazard in the streets..big cities really should invest in porter pottys. NYC did just that at one time but gangs began to charge people to use them which is so lame. Keep the reciepts also for the restroom codes although they change them often. Cheapest option if u have to buy something to use the stalls(they legit have security guard officers that check reciepts) is to buy a large fountain soda for 1.09 but alas,it makes you wanna pee more. Sometimes i would just give the guard 5 bucks to use the john everyday. I hope chicago is treating you alright. if u get short on cash you shouldbegin to work for postmates,u can be a messenger on foot but u have to have a bank account and u dont really get many deliveries unless u have a bike. If u have a cycle you can easily make 100 dollars a day plus tips but they run u rancid
Yes, being able to use the restroom when you're homeless is a huge issue. Just in case you or anyone else is interested, the little go-gurts and the little apple slices that come in kids meals can be bought separately as a side item. The McDonald's in El Paso charges 50 cents for these. I'm not sure about other cities. So if you ever need to use it and can't round up a dollar or don't want to drink a soda, you might want to try this.

BradKajukenbo

Rambler
Current Location
Redding, California
Yes, being able to use the restroom when you're homeless is a huge issue.
Most of the McDonald's here require a token to get into the bathroom. You have to ask for one at the counter. They will only give you one if you are a customer.

Many places now you have to ask for a key to use the restroom. And they require you ID. Mostly because of all the Junkies who go in and do what ever drug they do. Leave their needles or empty baggies, burnt up tinfoil or spoon. When I worked as a Gas Station Clerk, this was a common thing. The sad thing is that many places look at a homeless person as a junkie.

Object

Current Location
California
Heres even better: Why waste your time?
a lot of restaurants have this, wendys, BK, MCDS, etc.etc.
Google an image of the (company name here) survey code to find out how many digits their code is
some restaurants may be 4 or 5 even 6 numbers long.
you can either copy the numbers from the online picture you googled or just make up your own numbers.
100% of the time they just glance at the code and drop the reciept into the cash register for later input i assume.
Works GREAT!
just make some shit up and fuck babylon capitalism!

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Heres even better: Why waste your time?
a lot of restaurants have this, wendys, BK, MCDS, etc.etc.
Google an image of the (company name here) survey code to find out how many digits their code is
some restaurants may be 4 or 5 even 6 numbers long.
you can either copy the numbers from the online picture you googled or just make up your own numbers.
100% of the time they just glance at the code and drop the reciept into the cash register for later input i assume.
Works GREAT!
just make some shit up and fuck babylon capitalism!
they scan the reciepts. but yes, i have run into plenty of clerks that didn't even know what to do with it and just gave it back to me along with a free sandwich.

also, like others have mentioned, the burger king one requires you to buy a small fries and drink. there are almost NO free survey deals now that don't require you to buy something.

at BK, it's the only way to afford their damn food though, a meal is like 8-10 bucks which is fucking bullshit. even with the survey and the small fries/drink, it comes out to like just over $4 and change.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
I wish there was something other than mc d n wendys nearby for fast food... damn I know it's like you become an old timer when you start saying shit like... "back in my day... they used real beef and sesame seed buns!" ..."and it was flavor flav and juicy!"

::oldman::

I make better burgers on dumpster dived ground beef than this corp industrial produced "bachelor chow".

At least The bathrooms here are still free to use... as long as no idiots start messing that up.

Free internet and a cheap cookie or frosty is still good times, and it's easy AF to sneak in a few shooters of Kracken rum for your Dr. Pepper.

::woot::

So... take a seat and be entertained by the cacophony of humanity...

But remember....

Clean up after-yourself in the damn bathrooms!
You filthy animals!

💩

ps: sometimes puppy dog eyes and asking for a freebie works... just gotta get the radical with a twinkle in their eye at the register.
🥴

Object

Current Location
California
Yeah hardly anything is totally free anymore. Usually you have to buy something it will say with any purchase or with small drink and small fry purchase or whatev. I havent ran into anyone scanning the receipt though. east coast may be different, IDK. Just tryin to help! THX

Shiloh509

Lurker
Current Location
YAKIMA
Starbucks Card and get it registered to your fake name and phone app. Call them up with a legit complaint but not very often. Score anywhere between $ 0 - 25.00 depending on what you complained for and who answered the phone. Common reasons to complain are outlets that were removed, messed up drinks, bad barista attitudes, loud music, Service Dog rejected and discrimination. Viola, instant wifi and bathroom access and not having to look like a loser.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Preacher wrote on Wolfs Paw's profile.
::drinkingbuddy::
Im securing a squat tonight that should be a good long term squat. Also im playing a show tonight.
Just go to Barcelona and got lost on my way to my hostel. I walked into a corner store and asked for directions, and a guy who didn’t speak any English or know anything about me pointed to where i need to go and gave me a sticker that said “Everyone hates the police!”. I’m definitely in the right place😄!
Macon for a super hot minute. Who what when where?
Finished an initial draft of a floorplan for my new van:
A lot has happened since returning to California. Just two days after returning from the road, I grew the courage to leave my abusive SO and stop hiding her abuse. I returned to my hometown in the Bay Area; I’m now going to stay housed up here until next summer as I recover from trauma and save up for my next adventure. I’ve just gotten a job offer, and will be renting a room of my own here!
I learned a lot about myself and the world on the road, but I know vagabonding is the life for me!
I never did complete an update here, did I?
Well, I rubbertramped all across the country, back from Boston with a fellow moderator from R&V. We drove from there to Las Vegas over the course of a month! I saw 4 national parks, 30 states, and crossed over 6000+ miles. I came back to Los Angeles on June 15th, having achieved my goal of hitchhiking the entire country, and was on the road for over two months.
3 weeks of CDL training starting Monday. Im so excited. Living in semi is an upgrade from living in the van, especially since your getting paid for it! Hells yea!!!
A list of all the magic stores in the U.S. would be a sick feature on stp. Imagine you get off the train desperately in need of smokes and a slam, but you got ran off every corner... Dont worry stp knows exactly where you can get pall malls and some steelies with those foodies you picked up in the last town.
Engineer J Lupo wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
Happy Birthday, dad!