may 2022 new orleans trip | Squat the Planet

may 2022 new orleans trip

thechad76

Reaction score
long time lurker, first time poster.

Im planning a motorbike trip to NO jazz fest in may then planning on hitting the national/world rainbow in colorado in june. saving all winter for this and am looking for spots/folks along the way to meet up and show me where the good shows are.
saw nomadland and my first thought was why arent these vagabonders going to any shows or festivals? living on the road doesnt have to boring.
anyways, just saying hi, planting seeds and hope to you crazy mericans next year.
thechad

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Bibs

ali

Reaction score
I think the festival traveler scene isn't really as much of a thing in the US as it is in Europe, which is odd. In Europe there are loads of people who live in vans and campers and spend the whole festival season working at different shows. Gets ya free entrance, food and a campsite, and you just need to put in a few shifts. I guess you can't get as wasted as the folks who are just going there to party, but the music is still great. In my experience working festivals in Australia, there is usually also a crew night at the end when the main crowd has gone home so all the workers cut loose.

When you say May and June, do you mean next year? Will you be saving over the winter? I heard a rumor from someone living in the area that there's going to be a Rainbow in the Kootenays this year, but having never been i don't know if they have much of a music line-up.

What kind of music do you like?

thechad76

Reaction score
i volly at a couple fests up here in canada, i havent looked into many in the usa but thats an option.
looking at next year yes. i currently sell weed to grandmas and have super cheap rent so will be saving all winter.
rainbows just finished on the island and kootenays were starting i heard. i really want to check out a big us gathering, ours are pretty small except in quebec but i havent made it out there yet. gatherings dont have bands but the campfire jams are epic.
as for music, im all over the shop from metal to dub to folk to gypsy punk plus DJ/Bass music. to what have you.
i like to dance.:)

Reactions: ali

FawnGone

Reaction score
Traveling life isn't boring just because you're not into festivals. I personally hate Rainbow and have had bad experiences there, really bad, as lots of dirty kids have. There's different subcultures of travellers here in the states and sometimes things overlap but what is fun for one person might be a nightmare for another. I do think people should check out gatherings and decide on their own.
Shows are frequent and do happen,especially in larger cities or popular spots with lots of dirty kids.
Have fun on your travels no matter what you're into!

• Agree
Reactions: Bibs

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads