Banned Maxnomad banned for trolling (1 Viewer)

Maxnomad

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Maxnomad was banned for trolling most recently attempting to i dunno...claim stp was being infiltrated by nazis or something? he was a very valued member of stp and its with a very heavy heart that i make this announcement. he had been given more then 1 warning in the past about posting spam/just being a real cool dude with alot of good opinions. linked below is a post where he called some other users nazi infiltrators. @SlankyLanky

-slankylanky

Read these threads, and be incredibly wary of strangers

Last edited by a moderator:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
on a plateau between the mountains and the plains
yeah while it's a topic, I made a point to DM with this guy and try to level with him and understand where he was coming from on certain things.

I'm not naming names or doing screenshots of private messages, but he admitted to wanting to "impress" certain people on the forum. So, if that isn't a red flag, maybe I'm a stuckup prick?

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
seems like everyone who doesnt get along with the herd is going away.... ill miss maxnomad, stp just got a little bit worse
thats kinda the goal, to make stp worse for you.

how exactly would you consider this person somebody who didnt get along with the herd? @roughdraft straight up said the guy was trying to impress somebody on the forum by i dunno, being annoying? so to you this is someone going away because they didnt get along with the herd?

come on man @roughdraft yer telling me you had a conversation with this dude who said he was being a ass to impress somebody? you coulda saved the staff some trouble of cleaning up his bullshit spamming/troll posts and me taking the time to write this wonderful heartfelt goodbye for him if you just gave us a heads up. i get it, you dont wanna name names, right on.

@feralautistic theres a suggestion section, where you are more then welcome to post yer thoughts on how stp could be made better, the staff that as of now is all of 3 active people would love to have yer input. but if you just wanna complain and not offer any suggestions or solutions, its kinda hard to make that happen ya know. you get what you put into stp, if all you wanna do is complain its not surprising to me that stp aint a very fun place for you.

WyldLyfe

Banned
Guess this was a case of "impress someone on StP or get banned trying"

feralautistic

Banned
@SlankyLanky i was mostly just thinking that the people who stir shit up seem to be leaving, but thats how it always goes. maxnomad at least had interesting things to say, and ill miss that.

so im disappointed but not surprised. i will give it to yall that stp is still better than most places on the internet, getting worse or no.... ill probably just complain until i get banned though, i dont see this site changing to suit me and it probably shouldnt lol.

personally i think itd be more interesting if there was no moderation and we got to see how the culture developed from there. itd be a dumpster fire for sure but i happen to like dumpster fires.... so yeah no i havent bothered to leave suggestions.

ultimately the problem is that its impossible to welcome all the misfits to your community. you end up with a new community that has its specific norms and a new bunch of misfits who dont like it

SlankyLanky

Staff member
@feralautistic people who stir shit up always leave one way or another, this isnt a new thing in anyway.

complaining until you get banned is a pretty shitty way to look at attempting to be part of a community. nobody held a gun to yer head to sign up to this website. but complaining isnt against the rules, it just seems off to me that if you feel strongly enough to comment, that youd care enough to possibly make it a better place for yerself and others. iv been wrong before. my bad. oh well.

cool so you just would rather stp turn into a complete shit show for yer own amusement? people have invested alot of time and energy into keeping this place have the bare minimum of downright assholes, sorry if over a decade of hard work is better off left to a "dumpster fire" to you. for someone not invested in the community thats kinda sad dont you think? im not trying to pick a fight, but yer kinda being like "wahh its not how I would of done it but i dont want it to change i just wanna watch it get destroyed" thats like honestly some little kid shit, no?

a bunch of new misfits who dont like it? is that seriously a concern you have? at this point if yer paying any attention you have to see that it is pretty difficult to be banned from stp, like seriously. the amount of slack people get is astounding.

feralautistic

Banned
hey, i never asked for anything. i wouldnt have anyone do anything different, i just want to be the grouch in the corner of the room. obviously not a popular opinion but i think every room needs one. or at least deserves it lol

SlankyLanky

Staff member
hey, i never asked for anything. i wouldnt have anyone do anything different, i just want to be the grouch in the corner of the room. obviously not a popular opinion but i think every room needs one. or at least deserves it lol
so i guess just for my own future reference, are you saying you just wanna complain, or be the grouch as you put it because you feel that stp deserves to have somebody who feels the need to complain without having any actual input? you think stp is lacking them so its gotta be you? i gotta tell you if yer holding onto that torch thinking yer the last lone person on stp who wants to bitch and moan and go "i dont like this but i dont know why i dont like it and i sure as shit dont want to change anything! MEH!" yer sorta mistaken...yall are all over the place.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
@feralautistic Yeah that"s a pretty piss poor attitude to have though, don't you think? You just wanna be the grouch in the room? Fuck that noise, nobody wants you around if that's your whole MO. It's just like those self proclaimed assholes. "Yeah well, I'm an asshole" attitude. I can't stand those people. Fucking do something about it. You don't just take ownership of asshole and that justifies being one. It still sucks being around them. It doesn't change anything for everyone else who has to tolerate being around that asshole. I don't feel like grouch and asshole are too far off from one another. Why would you want to be the only source of negativity in the room? Making people around you miserable and shit. That's so fucking wack! Not to mention, that's not really a whole lot different than trolling. Trolls are basically trying to upset others. To elicit emotions in others, but only the emotions that suck like anger, frustration, etc. It's all negative energy, misery loves company bullshit. Kick fucking rocks if that's all you got.

feralautistic

Banned
i dont know if there truly are negative emotions...

really though, don't you love to have someone to hate? i know theres plenty of grouches/assholes/trolls here. given how much energy everyone puts into telling them off, dont you think you get something out of it? its not as if its pages of spam making it impossible to scroll past.

maybe also something about the culture here tends to alienate certain kinds of people, im just spitballing

SlankyLanky

Staff member

really though, don't you love to have someone to hate? i know theres plenty of grouches/assholes/trolls here. given how much energy everyone puts into telling them off, dont you think you get something out of it? its not as if its pages of spam making it impossible to scroll past.

maybe also something about the culture here tends to alienate certain kinds of people, im just spitballing
Wow. So yer just a idiot. Right on.

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be

Ok so you're definitely trolling. Will you be needing help with your bags? We can pack all three of em up for you today. You've been shown far too much leniency already, nobody here has to put up with your bullshit. Maybe it's time to show you the door. And no, we don't love having someone to hate. Why would we even ban anyone if that's what we're after? You're not special.

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
personally i think itd be more interesting if there was no moderation and we got to see how the culture developed from there. itd be a dumpster fire for sure but i happen to like dumpster fires.... so yeah no i havent bothered to leave suggestions.
Sweet christ, have you SEEN 4Chan or EARLY Reddit? Even taking a look at Discord gives a pretty good indication of what that fucking....fire would look like. It wouldnt even be a dumpster fire, because I'd at least be Interested to watch THAT.

The internet is much more influential and dangerous that you think. It has made people commit murder, commit suicide, commit genocide, kill and rape children, spread misogyny, fascism, and racism.

If you want an unmoderated forum, go check out the Dark Web. I guarantee you will be back over here quickly.

Ya, it does. Like racists, fascists, sexists, people who revel in oogledom, and people who are a danger to our way of life.

Yeesh. Wtf.

(Yes, I'm aware this user had already been banned)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$65.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $65.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $65.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $65.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$65.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
gwa