Max and Leo!

maxipadhero

Reaction score
Hey y’all!

My name is Max. I’ve been lurking on this site for quite some time. I haven’t interacted v much but im good friends w some active users here (@beersalt, @EphemeralStick, @Matt Derrick, etc).

I’ve been on and off the road for 8ish years now. More off the last 4. I work the farm season in midcoast Maine and travel during the off season (Nov-Mar give or take a few weeks).

I’ve got an SUV I travel/live in and a doggy travel companion named Leo.

I mostly like to hike and camp when on the road but I also like to go to shows and plug in w FNB or any free food/community outreach stuff goin on.

I’m about to drive from Chicago to Maine via Michigan and Canada. If you know any cool spots along the way, I’d love to hear about em! Particularly near Toronto and Montreal. I’m also open to meeting up or giving rides to people.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey Max, welcome to the site officially, and good luck on your journey!

Reaction score
Hey y’all!

My name is Max. I’ve been lurking on this site for quite some time. I haven’t interacted v much but im good friends w some active users here (@beersalt, @EphemeralStick, @Matt Derrick, etc).

I’ve been on and off the road for 8ish years now. More off the last 4. I work the farm season in midcoast Maine and travel during the off season (Nov-Mar give or take a few weeks).

I’ve got an SUV I travel/live in and a doggy travel companion named Leo.

I mostly like to hike and camp when on the road but I also like to go to shows and plug in w FNB or any free food/community outreach stuff goin on.

I’m about to drive from Chicago to Maine via Michigan and Canada. If you know any cool spots along the way, I’d love to hear about em! Particularly near Toronto and Montreal. I’m also open to meeting up or giving rides to people.

always insane to stumble across travelers from or in Maine- You said Midcoast, so have you ever been to Squashed Warehouse in Windsor ?

maxipadhero

Reaction score
always insane to stumble across travelers from or in Maine- You said Midcoast, so have you ever been to Squashed Warehouse in Windsor ?

No ive never heard of it! Whats that place about?
And yeah i know i moved here during covid so making friends has been slow going. Last summer i picked up some hitchhikers, some of whom actually live in maine and are ex travelers as well. So i ended up meeting and hanging w a lot of travelers that pass through. A lot of people tend to in the summer, thats how i ended up here lol.

Reactions: babieteeth
Reaction score
No ive never heard of it! Whats that place about?
And yeah i know i moved here during covid so making friends has been slow going. Last summer i picked up some hitchhikers, some of whom actually live in maine and are ex travelers as well. So i ended up meeting and hanging w a lot of travelers that pass through. A lot of people tend to in the summer, thats how i ended up here lol.

makes sense if you moved here during covid you wouldn't have- they didn't really host shows during the pandemic. they're an all-ages sober punk venue in Windsor, ME. you can find it on FB and also be able to see the upcoming show dates

but we should maybe kick it sometime when it's not cold as balls anymore :)

Jerrell

Reaction score
Max! What's up homie.

Give Leo some pettins for me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads