Make sandals out of dumpster materials in 5 minutes!

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Inspired from the thread further down on this page (https://squattheplanet.com/threads/homemade-sandals-cheap-and-easy.19780/), I decided to try to make some sandals out of materials i could find in every dumpster in the simplest manner possible.

SN6gH7D.jpg

HNRTqye.jpg

GGD2j2f.jpg

Here's my alternate take on that thread:

What you will need: - Cardboard - 2 plastic bottles (the more durable the better) - string - knife, scissors, or sharp rock

Step 1: cut the top and bottom off of the bottles

Step 2: puncture 3 holes in each bottle; these are the places you will pass the string through.

Step 3: Pass the string through the holes and tie a knot on each side of the string as needed to keep the strings in place

Step 4: fold up cardboard a few times and shove it inside the bottles. you want it to fill the bottles tight enough so that it will not easily slide back out

And you're done! Protip: don't run on pavement with them, they can be slippery until you wear scratches into the bottoms. If you ever need to replace any parts, the materials can be found in any nearby dumpster. Throwing a piece of duct tape on the bottom of them increases traction.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads