"Make America Freight Again" StP Patches / Stickers? (1 Viewer)

Would you buy this as a patch or sticker?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

HopScotch

does anyone have the time to design something for this? im just falling a bit behind with work and other projects.

I can design something for it! I am learning how to graphic design and I would like to test out my skills. I already started working on a couple of designs for stickers. I can start working on one for patches too.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I can design something for it! I am learning how to graphic design and I would like to test out my skills. I already started working on a couple of designs for stickers. I can start working on one for patches too.
Dude fuck yeah that would be a big help.

HopScotch

Designs 1 and 2- I made these designs first. They could be turned into 5x2" stickers or patches that follows the style of Trump 2020 campaign designs but with the MAFA. I also made a black and white version for a more punk look.

Design 1Design 2
57463 57462

Design 3- For a more StP themed design, I chose to combine the StP logo with MAFA to create custom artwork that fits the style of some of the other stickers that Matt has on Etsy. Below are a couple of designs for 3x3" and 5x4" stickers or patches.
57461 57464

I need all of these. Especially stickers...so I can carefully slap them over MAGA stickers and see how long it takes for the rednecks to notice that their truck went from promoting freedom via fascism, to promoting freedom via anarchism.

Design 4 and 5- I liked this idea that @Coywolf brought up that it could be used as a sticker that could be used to troll Trump fanatics by slapping them on their pickups. For this, I took the designs of the two most popular Trump stickers on Amazon and changed the slogan to "Ride American Freight" as the counterpart to Trump's "Keep America Great."

Design 4Design 5
57459 57460

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say. If you guys have any suggestions or any other ideas for stickers or patches, please let me know. Tell me which ones are your favorites and which ones you would buy!

-Jake

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
I like the trollishness of 4&5. I'd fuck with those. I feel like #3 is too busy. I definitely like the circle track, that's clever! It's the white X with the MAFA slogan that feels too busy over all the rest already going on there. I'd really like to see the circle track STP logo used in some way though. #1 ain't too bad, that might make for a nice patch or sticker. #2 feels too "basic bitch" to me. All in all though, nice work in really short time. Thank you for gettin crackin on those.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
yeah dude that's fucking awesome, thanks for making those. i would say take design 5 and change the sub heading to 'make america frieght again' (if it will fit?).

the company i go through for stickers is stickerguy.com, and they're having a special on red, white and blue stickers this month only so this would be prefect for that.

i like the stp design too but i agree with @Eng JR Lupo RV323 it's a little bit crowded. but... if you shrunk the circle part of the globe a little bit and took off the crossing sticks and instead put the words around the circle on top of the railroad tracks i think that would work pretty well. like 'make' in the 1st quadrant, 'america' in the second, 'frieght' in the third, and 'again' in the fourth quadrant.

HopScotch

Thanks for your comments. I had a little bit of time to work on the designs this afternoon. Here are the changes I've made.

Design 4 & 5- I changed these to "Make America Freight Again"
57466 57467

StP Designs- I removed the crossing sign and stuck the lettering in quadrants as you guys suggested. I think this definitely improved the cleanliness of the art. I played around with the circle tracks.
In this one, you can see that I decided to place the lettering inside the tracks. I also changed the arrow design from the previous logo because the "America" text was getting cramped in its little space.
57471 57479

For this one, I shrunk down the tracks and globe to put in the lettering on the outside of the tracks. I also extended the arrows of the StP logo to get more of that clean quadrant look. Then I thought this might look funny so I pulled them back.

Do you guys think the lettering should be on the inside or outside of the tracks? What about the length of the arrows?

Edit: I forgot to say that I did one without the tracks too if that's a route we wanted to go.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
@HopScotch I just sent design #5 to the sticker printer! thank you for doing that, I'd be happy to send you a bunch in the mail if you want to DM me your address!

I'll post here when they arrive in the mail and are ready to order.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
@HopScotch and everyone else here, I have to apologize, because i totally fucked up:

IMG_20201010_145634.jpg

I guess I wasn't paying attention when i placed the order and ordered 500 of these stickers in the wrong size. I thought I was ordering bumper-sticker size when I actually ordered 4.5 x 1.3 inch stickers, so they're pretty small.

I was planning on putting these in the StP store, but since they're really not what I was going for, I'm going to give them away for free to those that want them.

@HopScotch for designing these I wanted to send you 100 or so, PM me your address and i'll send those to you.

to everyone else that wants some (for free), PM me your address, and if you can donate a buck to cover shipping, i'd sure appreciate it.

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
Matt just make some custom ones i know i and wolf want one
these stickers are available in the etsy store now:

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.