Mailing myself to Europe

Skab

Lurker
Threads
Current Location
Pottsville PA
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Looking to mail myself to Europe. Need help making a crate and need someone to take it in and mail it.

Threads
Current Location
NFA
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Threads
Current Location
Indiana, USA
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
This is likely not to work, and here's why:

Any reasonable shipping company will elect to place the crate on an international cargo plane. Firstly, TSA is known to scan packages and do random checks. If you somehow make it past that stage and the plane takes off, the cargo hold is not pressurized to my knowledge. In other words, you'll freeze to death.

Your best option is really to buy a cheap flight to a country in Europe (I've found flights as cheap as a few hundred dollars, one way) and take it from there. Best of luck!

Threads
Current Location
Wahiawa
Reactions
95% 0% 5%

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Rochester, NY
Reactions
99% 0% 0%

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
_Mailing myself to Europe_Other Forms of Travel_Squat the Planet_5:47 PM

line the inside of the crate with insulation and space blankets... then rig up a rebreather outa an empty space bag... take a handful of valium and ur good to go.

im sure a crusty pair of carharts will keep u toasty

Threads
Current Location
Copper Mountain, CO
Reactions
98% 0% 3%
You're gonna have a hard time sneaking past any dogs sniffing packages my friend.

Threads
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON
Reactions
82% 8% 11%
I thought that by mailing yourself you mean mailing a box that you expect to receive in Europe, and I wondered why you can't do it yourself.

Hey buddy, hate to tell you,
You're very stupid.

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
Looking to mail myself to Europe. Need help making a crate and need someone to take it in and mail it.
some things are better left off as ideas

you can get direct flights to Stockholm, Barcelona, Paris; fuckload of places for far under a grand

check out WOWAIR they have layovers in Reykjavik connecting to the aforementioned and more

the only place they rip you is like 50 or 60 dollar baggage fees

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
he could really do it and has been done by a youtuber
nowhere in this video is there even the smallest amount of proof that this person actually went from the UK to USA. i skimmed a few of the uploaders other videos and big shock, none of them provide any proof of this person doing what they claimed to do. "it has been done by a youtuber" is some pretty flimsy ground to stand on imo.

i cant believe it actually has to be said but dont try to mail yerself to europe in a fucking box. yer not in a bugs bunny cartoon.

roughdraft

Vagabond
Lifetime Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Cuzco, Peru
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
nowhere in this video is there even the smallest amount of proof that this person actually went from the UK to USA. i skimmed a few of the uploaders other videos and big shock, none of them provide any proof of this person doing what they claimed to do. "it has been done by a youtuber" is some pretty flimsy ground to stand on imo.

i cant believe it actually has to be said but dont try to mail yerself to europe in a fucking box. yer not in a bugs bunny cartoon.
this completely

some of you people need to recognize reading between the lines isn't always about what's written

Threads
Current Location
New York
Reactions
86% 0% 14%
I dunno if this could still work. I wonder if perhaps having a Coffin, and shipping yourself as a Corpse might actually be a good idea!?!
I would HIGHLY suggest you put the insulation lining inside of it, and make yourself some Break-Away paneling, and some method of Urine Collection that would neither stink, nor leak!
Also: you really do want some concealed CCD-Camera's built flush into the outer surface of that thing, and some small, like: Smart-Phone small method of viewing their feed's.
Personally, I think at this point, it might actually be better just to buy a plane-ticket!
Oh, and just for safety, have your Passport ready, and make sure it's got the Visa of where you're trying to goto, and... EXIT-VISA from where you're trying to escape from!
Good luck!

Threads
Current Location
michigan
Reactions
45% 27% 27%

then you didn't watch the video where his dad drops him off at the shipping office and had to be in LA to open it when he did arrive

OP
OP
Skab
Threads
Current Location
Pottsville PA
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I just wanted to put it out there that it is very possible. I’ve already mailed myself to Canada and to Alaska. Once from L. A. and once from Philadelphia. And yes the plane is pressurized and totally safe. I’ve never had a problem with dogs or sniffers or anything like that. The only thing I’m a little skeptic about on this one is customs going overseas. If there is anyone serious about helping let me know or anyone who has positive feedback or advice. Please no stupid negative opinions.

OP
OP
Skab
Threads
Current Location
Pottsville PA
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
And I don’t believe in informing the government of exactly where I am at all times so that’s why I do things this way. I like to remain invisible.